Iron man mk6 trying it on !

hi thanks,
Yeah it doesn't look too shiny in that pic because.
I brushed the thighs with wire wool (left the shins shiny)
The chest and back you can see haven't had a coat of lacquer applied yet.
To be honest i prefer it without the lacquer but it makes the color better and gives some protection.

to me it doesn't look shiny in the movie at all !

Oh, ok. Now that you mention it the shins do look kinda shiny. I had a quick search round the web, as I also would like a satin finish on my suit, and found this stuff
Satin Laquer

I like the idea of the brushed effect the wire wool gives though so I'm not sure if this is of any help at all :p

Hi its a polyurethane resin, all pieces were hand rotocast with the exception of the back , chest and waist section, for these i used the same resin but reinforced with glass fiber matting.

As for the satin spray I think I have seen that in a local store so will check tomorrow and do a test

Thankyou !

Concentrating on the Abs section now.
I have made it so the front abs are separate from the side and back, so I can slip it around my waist and then slot in the abs to complete it.
limited movement but i decided i wanted to keep the proportions and lines rather than have everything slopping around etc.

Heres a quick pic , without my arms on as oddly enough I need someone with me to out them on ...lo

ooops forgot to mention the codpiece is not attached in the pic either but will be a removable piece so i can use the bathroom .

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back