Iron man mk-vii armor build

mecha2040

Ok, so I decided I would adventure myself into making a full IronMan armor and decided the best armor out there are darkside501st armor files, so thanks to darkside501st files, I will be isolating myself into the making of this great armor.

First of I want to thank darkside501st for letting me borrow his files along with the other files like Savana's and others.

For this build since I really want some sort of detail I went ahead and started with the pepakura build, this is more tedious and time consuming but to me I think I will get a bit more of detail into it, and since there are tons of paper to cut I decided to go ahead and buy the Silhouette Cameo.
21159-cameo.jpg

It wasn't as cheap as I expected but after the first hundred pages, believe me IT'S WORTH IT !!

Last edited:
I decided to start from the bottom up and see how it goes, so far both Shins and one Boot are completed

21161-bottoms-shins-right-boot.jpg

It's taking a bit of time for each piece but what the heck its winter right! right!?

Last edited:
Any updates on this? I'm looking to buy the same cutter (for the same project!) and was hoping to get an opinion on it.

Here's a little Update :
21164-right-thigh-added.jpg

Just added the Right Thigh, it took me about a week a couple of hours after work every day, the detail is super difficult on it but worth it.

And yes, I am so glad I bought the Silhouette CAMEO, you should definitely get one, otherwise cutting everything with an exacto knife would be painful.

Last edited:
Any updates on this? I'm looking to buy the same cutter (for the same project!) and was hoping to get an opinion on it.

The cutter is great. Not only does it go fast but save yourself a whole lot of finger/arm pain from pressing on a knife while cutting.

You don't have to argue with yourself whether or not to cut some new pieces when you don't like what you have cut or assembled. So easy to do another page.

I've had mine almost a year. Been cutting out Robo's files.

The cutter is great. Not only does it go fast but save yourself a whole lot of finger/arm pain from pressing on a knife while cutting.

You don't have to argue with yourself whether or not to cut some new pieces when you don't like what you have cut or assembled. So easy to do another page.

I've had mine almost a year. Been cutting out Robo's files.
Agree!!

I hope you can all see the pictures now, somehow my uploads are acting kinda weird here, I wasn't able to see them for a minute there until I went into my uploads and change my album cover but anyway.
Here is the secont LEFT Thigh done, I'm working on the Cod now.

21165-left-thigh.jpg

Last edited:
Is the silhouette fairly easy to use? A few websites have it pretty cheap over here. Would take a lot of the pain out of countless hours cutting away on files.

Is the silhouette fairly easy to use? A few websites have it pretty cheap over here. Would take a lot of the pain out of countless hours cutting away on files.
Yes, it's super easy to use, and if your cutting lots of paper yes, it's definitely worth the cost.

Today I finished the Hip PODS, there where only 4 pages 2 per POD, and decided to just cut them by hand, you know give the Cameo a little rest. You know what my fingers told me when I finished cutting? F#@K YOU, you have a CAMEO, !! F@#%ING USE IT !!! LOL !!!

21244-hip-pods.jpg

How often do you have to change blades on the cutter when using card stock
Haven't yet, I so far already cut paper for both the bots, both the Shins, both Thighs, Cod and Hip Pods, not sure about 200 - 300 sheets of cardstock and I think the blade is just starting to get a little dull, might have to change it soon.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back