Iron man MK IV build

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing. Hey, how did the Cosplayweek contest go? Win, place or show?
Please keep us updated on any other work you do to the suit.

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing. Hey, how did the Cosplayweek contest go? Win, place or show?
Please keep us updated on any other work you do to the suit.

Thanks!! I had these for a while, I just get sidetracked a lot with the Master Chief build and other things to remember to update this thread much.... But I will definitely keep it updated when i get back into it heavy...

The cosplay week thing. As far as I know its still going on... They rotate the polls around now so it keeps appearing and disappearing.. but I think it goes through the end of the year.. I will let everyone knpw what happens with that when I hear :)

Its been slow for me, as I am in the process of closing on a new home and will be in the process of moving within the next few weeks... But in the meantime, here are a few pics that were taken at the local mall while at a trick or treat event, pics were taken and edited by a close family friend... I am hoping to get moved In and start molding and casting the back and flaps intime to have it all finished up prior to the Lexington Comic Con in March....

These are awesome pictures! I was wondering how you painted your suit? Sorry if you mentioned that already, I'm too lazy to go through the whole thread. Did you scuff the paint after or did you mask it somehow? Looks amazing! This is how I'd like my paint job if I manage to get a suit built. I think I want the Mark IV as well...

These are awesome pictures! I was wondering how you painted your suit? Sorry if you mentioned that already, I'm too lazy to go through the whole thread. Did you scuff the paint after or did you mask it somehow? Looks amazing! This is how I'd like my paint job if I manage to get a suit built. I think I want the Mark IV as well...

The way I do it... Is, I paint the entire piece silver, spray the translucent red over that... When that dries.. I simply dry brush the same silver it was originally painted with, over the edges that I think would wear in normal use.. then I clear coat it...

After the clear coat dries.. I use a spray can of flat black. And spray the low areas and areas that should collect soot and dirt. Don't worry Bout over spray or anything like that.. just spray over it real quick... Once the black dries, I take a paper towel and some lacquer thinner and just wipe it off like you would if you were simply washing the dirt off quickly, it then leaves streaks and "dirt" in the low areas.. and it ends up looking like it was simply worn...

I hope that makes sense to ya.

The way I do it... Is, I paint the entire piece silver, spray the translucent red over that... When that dries.. I simply dry brush the same silver it was originally painted with, over the edges that I think would wear in normal use.. then I clear coat it...

After the clear coat dries.. I use a spray can of flat black. And spray the low areas and areas that should collect soot and dirt. Don't worry Bout over spray or anything like that.. just spray over it real quick... Once the black dries, I take a paper towel and some lacquer thinner and just wipe it off like you would if you were simply washing the dirt off quickly, it then leaves streaks and "dirt" in the low areas.. and it ends up looking like it was simply worn...

I hope that makes sense to ya.

Great, thanks for sharing!

Voted! But you are going to need some backup. The Black Cat Crouching is going to give you a run for your money..:devil
Ok so now that I have voted twice I think that it would only be fair for you to travel up here to New England and help me build my suit. Heheh

Voted! But you are going to need some backup. The Black Cat Crouching is going to give you a run for your money..:devil
Ok so now that I have voted twice I think that it would only be fair for you to travel up here to New England and help me build my suit. Heheh

Haha thanks man!!! Ugh ur tellin me. But its hard to compete against a girl, that has 16K+ FB fans.. ya know....

Man I have always wanted to come to the new England area... Really want to make it to NY before too long actually :thumbup::thumbup:

One of my favorite pics, taken at a trick or treat event at the local mall

Incredible work man!

I have a few questions about your eyes: Can you see through the eyes while they are glowing? How did you do those eyes? They are very impressive for me. And one last, your helmet is paper or foam? In one of your photos the helmet seems to be is black/grey while the chest is fiberglassed.

Thanks in advance, and great work again!

Thanks!!! I can see out of the eyes while they are on.... Not very good in very low light situations but decently well any other time.... I actually modified a set that I got from a member here, I can't remember for the life of me who it was though.... But I have done and redone them a couple of times since then.... They are a small case built from thin sheets of abs plastic. Just hot glued together, with a smoked front to let the light shine out... The less are the small strips you can get at radio shack or somewhere that you can cut in sections... they run off of 12V batteries like to in car remotes...

the helmet is a Pannaus Props cast... that's why it is black in the pics.. I got that through a trade with another member.... And you can't beat that thing.. I got it cheaper than I could build one and the quality is second to none....

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back