Iron Man Mark VI from scratch (sintra based + pic intensive)

How do you make the opposite sides so symmetrical?!? That is very difficult for me to do. Your work with Sintra looks so good and I like that Sintra is harder than foam and sands very sharply and paints well. Just be sure that you're not heating Sintra indoors...ventilation is important with the fumes that it emits when it is heated.

Not really, I think I'm going to get my lungs checked pretty soon. My lab has almost no ventilation and dusts stay in here for a LONG time... forex is the last of my concerns :D Usually, I really use a little heat gun to bend it. Using 2mm and 1mm forex helps a lot ;)

As far as symmetry goes, I use paper templates and I make them with the computer so they are always the same. Also, I print on A4 stickers, put them on sintra and then cut. That makes it possibile to have all the pieces look the same. Hope this helps ;)

Damn I wish this thread was longer. I want to see more!

Then it's two of us :D ahhaha (thanks)

yea, this is what Im talkin about. Keep the pics comin.
can't wait for more pics. simply amazing.

Thanks guys

great work as always Fluvio, castings down the road?

Actually, I've always thought about making molds of "any" armor, but I think that shipping it overseas could be very demanding. But never say never. Right now is too early to even think about molding :D

Sure thing is, If I finish this and it looks as good as I'd like it to be, and there's a decent interest, I could think about molding :D

Anyways, if you guys are eager to get your hands on a armor, check fingaz's topic out! He's making a top notch mark iv armor and the outcome is just ASTONISHING! :thumbsup

Last edited:
Very nice work. But I have to ask; what the heck is "sintra" I've seen it come up a few time in the last week or so but never heard of it.

Also, why is your dummy so sad?? You should get him a present or something.

Hey guys, thanks.
No, I didn't finish this for a ton of reason. Right now I'm focusing on other projects, stuff that I can sell since this is my primary job now. An armor would be just too much time and effort for the italian market.

Sintra is a semi-expanded pvc. ;)
Dummy is sad because it was alone all the time inside the shop. Poor guy, now has 2 brothers though.

Gi, I and Joe. He's Joe, the other two ar Gi and I. Lol

Hey guys, thanks.
No, I didn't finish this for a ton of reason. Right now I'm focusing on other projects, stuff that I can sell since this is my primary job now. An armor would be just too much time and effort for the italian market.

Ah man I would love to of seen this finished! I'm trying to locate an awesome bust without the huge cost of postage from the US!

Good luck with other projects!

dude i hate you your too awesome :(oh and for the neck you could make it movement motion by separating the ring of the neck and attaching them with elasticsor straps .... because it'kll be more cumfortable because sintra is hard and it would also be wearable :D

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back