Iron Man Mark III Almost done

oops my bad, just jumped right into the pictures i guess..

Question though, why did you choose those low def abs? While there aren't very many mk 3 abs floating around, there is a pretty good one Here

Also, you know that the 1:1 scale raw cast on ebay is a recast off the sideshow bust right?

oops my bad, just jumped right into the pictures i guess..

Question though, why did you choose those low def abs? While there aren't very many mk 3 abs floating around, there is a pretty good one Here

Also, you know that the 1:1 scale raw cast on ebay is a recast off the sideshow bust right?

I couldn't find any HD abs for mark III. I think I want to do the mark 4 abs anyways. But not till after halloween cuz I don't have time.

And yes, the sideshow bust is pure awesome. The helmet looks flawless thats why i really want it. Theres a few people that have selling raw casts of it for around $100.

I couldn't find any HD abs for mark III. I think I want to do the mark 4 abs anyways. But not till after halloween cuz I don't have time.

And yes, the sideshow bust is pure awesome. The helmet looks flawless thats why i really want it. Theres a few people that have selling raw casts of it for around $100.

Sure looks nice but a few problems with it.
1. It's a recast which is not a good thing. ;)
2. unless your head is less than 14.5cm wide you wont fit into it anyway.

Sure looks nice but a few problems with it.
1. It's a recast which is not a good thing. ;)
2. unless your head is less than 14.5cm wide you wont fit into it anyway.

really? why would it be smaller?
kbu1xx.png

Some people finish the helmet by painting it, adding lights and putting in padding so you can wear.

Last edited:
If i were you i'd stop there dude. By openly telling the forum you're about to support a recaster, people are probably going to get rather angry with you.. If you do end up getting one, great for you.. But i wouldn't mention it any further.

Just tryin to help you out bud

If i were you i'd stop there dude. By openly telling the forum you're about to support a recaster, people are probably going to get rather angry with you.. If you do end up getting one, great for you.. But i wouldn't mention it any further.

Just tryin to help you out bud

I don't get it

Really thought that hint might have clued you in.
IT'S A RECAST! And yes I'm quoting you the size it is from side to side even if you did buy it after knowing it's a recast I can tell you without a doubt it's a waste of you money unless you have a tiny head.

Really thought that hint might have clued you in.
IT'S A RECAST! And yes I'm quoting you the size it is from side to side even if you did buy it after knowing it's a recast I can tell you without a doubt it's a waste of you money unless you have a tiny head.

But isn't it 1:1 scale? And i get why people don't like recasts because its not their own work.. But if you say its too small then I won't buy one. I'm just confused why a 1:1 scale helmet would be too small.

I've heard that it is 1:1 and that it will fit robert downeys head, and i've heard that they scaled it down so that people won't be able to wear it.

I think integrity should be the reason you buy it or not.. Not because it won't fit you.

Recasting is bad.. its basically stealing someone elses work and taking the credit for it... or money. This is a PROP forum where people spend their own money and time making props. They put tons of effort into their work, and when someone comes along and just makes a duplicate and takes the credit and money, its a BAD thing.
Yeah I get that now, but i still don't understand why it would be too small to wear.

But isn't it 1:1 scale? And i get why people don't like recasts because its not their own work.. But if you say its too small then I won't buy one. I'm just confused why a 1:1 scale helmet would be too small.

Look maybe a third time will hit home. The helmet measures 14.5 cm from side to side, if your head is 14.5 cm from side to side then it's 1:1 for you. It's small, it would be 1:1 for someone with a tiny head. I don't know how else to say it that what it measures.

Look maybe a third time will hit home. The helmet measures 14.5 cm from side to side, if your head is 14.5 cm from side to side then it's 1:1 for you. It's small, it would be 1:1 for someone with a tiny head. I don't know how else to say it that what it measures.

Ohh ok. It's 1:1 but its not really the exact size of the one in the movie?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back