Iron Man Helmet Hinge help!

pr3dato8

Ok so if you looked back at my previous threads you would know that I made an Iron Man Helmet A few months back:

06072011691.jpg

I added lots of scratch effects and still need to repaint the chin but thats not what this thread is about.

Is there somewhere a proper working tutorial on how to make an ELECTRONIC Hinge Mechanism?

I am not talking about your ideas or theories, I am talking about an already existing/created way of making one.

I want to put up my helmet as a college design project but for that I need to make it so the faceplate would lift with a press of a button.

Mighty John has just released his plans, well worth the investment

Thanks Fettster, but it looks like he's looking for the whole system (servos and all). I just have the hinges. Zabana has a good system. I've seen YouTube videos of it. With my hinges, I think that would be the best bet.

Thanks Fettster, but it looks like he's looking for the whole system (servos and all). I just have the hinges. Zabana has a good system. I've seen YouTube videos of it. With my hinges, I think that would be the best bet.

ok i dont know if u got it sorted yet but im in the army and we use a small UAV (unmanned areial vechile) and in the pre flight checks the panel was off the wing and it hit me , a small low profile servo with a rotation of 180 degrees mounted at the back of the helmet with pipes running either side with cable attached to the hinge and when the servo turns it will raise the face plate and flick the switch again and the servo rotates the oppisate way and it closes i think thats hoe master lee of youtube does it but who knows , well i hope this helps if u havent found anything yet, best of luck anyway.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back