Suggestion Iron man costume group ?

I wonder how they're getting away with the Dredd section. They should call the section 'Fe Man' Crisis averted :D

Dredd doesn't have nearly the same following and isn't Disney/Marvel, who are more protective of their properties it seems. Iron Man is the "big thing" right now so the radar's on high alert. A section focused on that specifically would make it seem like the RPF is catering to that market. There have been members with run-ins with the studios so it's wise to not poke the bear so to speak.

How about a pepakura/foam section? Nothing that says Iron Man, just everything related to it.

When it comes down to it, well over half of the threads in the costuming section and a ton in the props section are all foam and pep builds of Iron Men, it's clogging up the site's arteries and making it very difficult to find anything worth reading. I'm all for cool new projects on the boards, if somebody came in here and did an all metal IM from pep files (seen it, it was awesome) then I'd be happy to sit and read it. But foam is foam, it's done to death, and there's never anything new or interesting. I'm right with MB, the number of IM threads makes me visit the site less, and it decreases my overall enjoyment. With so many people moving over to facebook, etc. to post their builds, I think it would be a good idea to to do something to keep people here. Information sharing and community has already gone right out the window, but the forum isn't dead yet.

And let's be realistic here, the real value of a sub-forum isn't to give people a more specific place to follow their interests, it's a way to clear up all the stuff only some people want to look at to let everybody else go about their business without suffocating.

For what it's worth it seems the Replica Costume forum is the I M forum, haha.
I went to look for a certain thread and saw the first page was 90% I M so I went straight to use advanced search. Found what I wanted but even it was mixed in with I M threads that had nothing to do with the topic I was looking for.

Everybody wants to be I M!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back