Iron Man 2 Tony Stark LG transparent phone

teragon

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
By I feel like we should have this kind of technology, but apparently we're not there yet totally. In the mean time, I've tackled this with a mix of laser cutting and engraving in clear acrylic and 3D printed frame. I know that the real prop, used in the movie, only had the stark enterprise and LG logo engraved in the glass, the rest was all added in post prod, but I wanted to capture more detail, specifically from this scene :
[video]https://youtu.be/_mjxd47OVUI[/video]

So there it is :
FullSizeRender-61.jpgIMG_4244-1.JPG

I'm quite happy with how the engraving turned out, I manage to grab quite a few tiny details that I spent hours getting right, sitting 1 feet away from my tv screen. Most of the text on the phone is accurate, there are only a few lines here and there I couldn't make out and had to improvise.
The frame I'm not so happy, gonna re-work them. The shape is right, but they need to be a bit more thick, and the split in the middle there isn't working for me, so I'm gonna split it horizontally, around the screen. Should be more discreet that way.

Attachments

• stark_phone.png
    stark_phone.png
    938.9 KB · Views: 2,138
Ok, new frame is promising, but not yet cleaned and ready. In the mean time, I got a "prop accurate" one made too, with just the stark and LG logo and a simple but effective stand to display the phones. Both need cleaning and painting/assembling though.
IMG_4256.JPGIMG_4255.JPG

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back