Iron Man 1 Electromagnet Research & Build Thread

Prince NEO

Sr Member
So I've watched Iron Man twice again in the past 24 hours and decided to take a crack at the Electromagnet that Stark has in his chest after he's abducted.

The only parts I don't have/know where to get are the outside spring, the "Cross" (Which I can cut from some scrap metal I have laying around), and the main body

Picture of screen used Magnet that went to auction:

0032_1_lg.jpg

Ah, I tried to look it up but couldn't find anything, the main body looks really familiar, I think I saw it in a VCR I was tearing apart or at homedepot in the pluming section.

Hi, just want to share my simple IM1 electromagnet prop.

06-03-13-09-52-53 - 0.jpg

06-03-13-09-54-16 - 0.jpg

This is still unpainted

06-03-13-09-53-33 - 0.jpg

This is the painted/weathered version.

It's not much and not even replica quality, but it's great for costumes/cosplays. It's really light and can easily mounted on to your chest using double sided tape and or spirit gum. Small magnets can work as well. One thing I'm missing here is the coiled ring. I was supposed to use plumbers spring but wasn't able to find one at the time.

I created a dummy car battery as well to go with this and used it in one of our local comic con.

:)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back