Iron fist - prop

Ryu62

Hi,

So here's an interesting concept I've been trying to tackle, so why not open it up to the floor!
I am in the works of making an Iron Fist costume, but I thought it would be cool to also have a fire/chi fist as well!

The concept I had in mind is to create, essentially, a glove that covers your hand in a semi-translucent plastic or resin that is in the form of a fire or energy. LEDs could be install within and be activated by the hand in the prop to light up the fire and really give it that extra punch! (see what I did there)

The best example of this I could find was a toy unfortunately, and I've head to find a cosplay prop that would fit the bill

Sample

What are your thoughts guys?

This sounds like something you could make with a clear plastic vacuformed over a model. Make the base, and form a clear sheet of plastic over the base. Paint it with transparent spray paint, or hand paint it, then light it from the inside.

I doubt you would find a usable prop that you could just mod.

For the lighting, you could use what we use in custom lightsabers; a high power led hooked up to a lithium batter. Depending on the size of your plastic fire, this could easily be hidden in the glove with a momentary switch in the fingertips or something.

http://www.mintconditioncustom.com/custom-mortal-kombat-light-up-sub-zero-ice-ball-prop-replica/
You can also do something like this. I've been meaning to try making a ball that lights up with fishing line coming out of opposite end so you can pull it tight with both hands and it will look like it's floating.

That's pretty fantastic! Thanks! Iron Fist doesn't shoot fireballs but that's an amazing place to start!

- - - Updated - - -

This sounds like something you could make with a clear plastic vacuformed over a model. Make the base, and form a clear sheet of plastic over the base. Paint it with transparent spray paint, or hand paint it, then light it from the inside.

I doubt you would find a usable prop that you could just mod.

For the lighting, you could use what we use in custom lightsabers; a high power led hooked up to a lithium batter. Depending on the size of your plastic fire, this could easily be hidden in the glove with a momentary switch in the fingertips or something.

Awesome! Thanks for the info :)

oh wow!! That's fantastic! I'll have to look into something similar!!

There's also this thread where I think you could easily apply the same techniqe to transparent worbla instead of whatever they used!

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=233092

They also have a tumblr post where they used the plastic and LEDs as a base to put organza on which could add even more to the effect!

http://lisadashy.tumblr.com/post/110086260174/magic-power-prop-ideas-for-cosplay-first-2-sets

Transparent Worbla would also be my go to for this unless you need it to be flexible in which case I would use clear latex and probably cast it to be honest.

Mould out of clay, cast using plaster or some other porous material. Cast using latex but do it in layers so it dries.

Ham out.

Cool! Thanks for the idea :)

Transparent Worbla would also be my go to for this unless you need it to be flexible in which case I would use clear latex and probably cast it to be honest.

Mould out of clay, cast using plaster or some other porous material. Cast using latex but do it in layers so it dries.

Ham out.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back