Introducing Project M (Maul saber)

Saberz

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
EDIT - Project M is now LIVE! Preorders at www.saberz.com/ProjectM - official launch video is below. Thanks for all who have expressed interest!

I've been obsessed with this saber for 20 years, and I'm finally ready to roll out the most accurate replica ever made. Ever. Yep, big words, and I have a whole lot more words (and images) to support the claim.

Youtube launch video:

Last edited:
Yeah once we got access to a screen used saber, I plucked the listing and revamped the data. The new prototype is being machined right now, and is going to be epic.

I can’t wait to see the final results! Same for Project O and Q - these three are my top 3 sabers, so to get screen accurate versions would about fix my saber addiction I think.

I can’t wait to see the final results! Same for Project O and Q - these three are my top 3 sabers, so to get screen accurate versions would about fix my saber addiction I think.
I don't see any references to a Project Q, but I'm guessing that's a Qui-Gon Jinn saber? If so, would you mind directing me to any info on that?

Same here. I have an OM Obi I'm quite satisfied with, but having a more accurate one never hurts. Even better if it sits alongside some other screen accurate brethren.

Yep; below is a little preview of the 3D data. But the sabers in person will be stunning. We're doing things no one has ever done. For example, accurate silver buttons (beats me why no one even bothers to try on that one). AND ... actual fender washers on the Maul emitter. Stamped fender washers have a totally different fit and finish compared to lathed aluminum which is how everyone else does Maul emitters. There's just no comparison. So we use the actual fender washers, in the correct sizing, and bore out the center so they slide on to the saber assembly. Accurate, but still electronics-ready. I cannot WAIT to show off the prototype when it arrives. Anyway, here's the render of our hilts:
Maul-Obi-Qui-Trio-4.jpg

Very cool stuff! I would love to know more about the way you produce them and other small details :)
Carefull about the "no one else" and "everyone else", Maul saber's has already been done with stacked washers not so long ago ;-)
cheers

I suppose for that detail I should have specified “electronics capable.”

Where I use the word “always” or “never,” I’ll say I’m 99.9% sure that I’m correct in saying so. The Maul saber is my holy grail prop and I’ve been studying it intensively since 1999.

I was part of Larbel’s runs, providing him with data to machine his hilts. I was part of Erik Hertzberg’s runs, and provided data for the Orbital Machining “Awesomesauce” hilt and his Obi-wan hilt.

I can say with confidence that Project M1 will be the most accurate Maul replica ever produced, bar none. Not eFX, or MR, or KR, or OM, or Starkiller, or any other hilt has ever definitively replicated the fine details of this hilt. There have been some good ones, especially the static eFX and Starkiller. But nothing was quite perfect. And certainly nothing on the eFX or Starkiller level was FX capable.

Project M will be it. And don’t worry, you won’t have to take my word for it. You’ll get to see pictures of the hilt right next to its original production brother, when they are ready to go.

Personally I'm most excited about the Qui-Gon saber. That saber isn't done very often, and I haven't seen one available that is accurate enough to temp me, until seeing some of your preview images a little while ago. I want all of them of course, but if I had to settle for one, that would probably be it, just because of that added rarity and I already have an Obi.

Regardless, very excited to see more of these come to life. :D

Oh my gosh those are just stunning! Do you think you’ll get the trip into production this year? Or are some of the hilts longer-term projects?

Thank you so much! It’s been a massive undertaking to get these just right, but of course it’s a labor of love.

These are going to be made this year. The Maul prototype is being machined as we speak. The other two will follow immediately thereafter.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back