Into the Badlands

juno

Sr Member
I'm really liking this show. Especially all the knives and swords. I already laser cut a replica of the butterfly throwing stars from steel.

butterfly-show-4.jpgbutterfly-show-5.jpg
Here's my star:
butterfly-2.jpg

A little time with the files and sandpaper and it's good to go:
butterfly-bevel.jpg
You can see the star in action here:
http://www.amc.com/shows/into-the-b...4-into-the-badlands-two-tigers-subdue-dragons

Now I just need to do the leather bandoleer for them! I also want to get some better shots of the Widow's knives.

tumblr_nxd35st3O21tbiehgo1_1280.png

I'm really liking this show. Especially all the knives and swords. I already laser cut a replica of the butterfly throwing stars from steel.

View attachment 561467View attachment 561468
Here's my star:
View attachment 561466

A little time with the files and sandpaper and it's good to go:
View attachment 561469
You can see the star in action here:
http://www.amc.com/shows/into-the-b...4-into-the-badlands-two-tigers-subdue-dragons

Now I just need to do the leather bandoleer for them! I also want to get some better shots of the Widow's knives.

View attachment 561470

Cool beans. Do you sell replicas?

Great job! We made these where I work and I distinctly recall, at one point, 3 of our fabricators hunched over Dremels putting edges on the steel version we made. It looked so painstaking!

The ones in her bandoleer in the first photo you posted are likely the aluminum ones, the one in your second screenshot is a rubber copy, and I made a whole stack of styrene ones to be thrown about.

My question for the show, after having watched what went into making them, is how are these disposable to her? You'd think in a post-apocalyptic era where electricity seems to be rare that they'd have a real hard time making something so intricate.

Still, badass prop, badass replica, and badass show!

not a big fan , too mind boggling for my taste, and its frustrating that we had to wait a another hour to be able to watch " talking dead ", TWD ends late enough and I have to stay up an extra hour for it , besides that I think that star is sick, Good Job !!!!

Ooo...that's awesome! I thought aluminum might be easier to bevel, but I really like the look of steel. I'd love to see what the styrene version looked like. They are definitely sharp.

I agree with the disposable thing, but I feel that way about the costumes of the Clippers too. That's a lot of leather work for people who are essentially cannon fodder. But, damn if the show isn't pretty (and badass).

Great job! We made these where I work and I distinctly recall, at one point, 3 of our fabricators hunched over Dremels putting edges on the steel version we made. It looked so painstaking!

The ones in her bandoleer in the first photo you posted are likely the aluminum ones, the one in your second screenshot is a rubber copy, and I made a whole stack of styrene ones to be thrown about.

My question for the show, after having watched what went into making them, is how are these disposable to her? You'd think in a post-apocalyptic era where electricity seems to be rare that they'd have a real hard time making something so intricate.

Still, badass prop, badass replica, and badass show!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back