Interest Interest in a Crystal Blue Tesserat Cube ** Pictures now posted

tripoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Found a source for a optical blue crystal cubes. I was looking for one that measure 2 3/4 inches, the size of the cube for the Marvel Bluray Phase one collectors set case. I am not looking to make any profit on these, trying to keep it as inexpensive as I can for anyone interested in them. I am not a fan of the plastic cube included in the set and this would be a cool way to upgrade the set and have it glowing and looking much more like the prop. This is solely an interest thread, if there is enough interest, I would go ahead and place the order for those looking to upgrade the collectors set as a display piece. It looks like I can keep the cost around $ 50 per cube plus shipping. If I can lower the cost on that, I will.

This is the 2.75 inch collectors set sized cube.
Update 5/5: on the color: I have been sent a picture of the lighter blue and have to agree that a larger surface area greys out the color, especially with light going through.
Given the lack of interest in the larger cube as well the shipping cost and issues, I will at this point stick to just the collectors series size with the current blue coloring.

Images posted here if you don't see them below:
http://postimg.org/gallery/shoqot7c/4227c083/

IMG_1039.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg

IMG_1040.jpg

IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

Interest in Collectors set piece: 11

Last edited:
Re: Interest in a Crystal Blue Cube that fits the Marvel Phase One Bluray collectors

Looks like the cost for these will run less than $ 50.00 per cube with postage at this point. Hoping to keep it as low as $ 35 to $ 40 per cube. I have a sample on the way and will post more when possible.

Last edited:
Re: Interest in a Crystal Blue Cube that fits the Marvel Phase One Bluray collectors

I am not educated about the sizing of the phase 1 collector's set Tesseract -- is it the same size as the prop? If so I would be in for one of these even though I don't have the blu-ray set :)

I have the bluray set and you are right, the Tesseract leaves something to be desired. It would be cool to get a nice replacement so long as it isn't too expensive.

The collector's set is undersized compared to the actual prop, which was 3.75"

I haven't looked at the set in quite some time. Frankly, I don't even know where it is... What is the size difference between the set and screen used?

The Bluray cube size is 2.75 inches. The actual cube was 3.75 inches. I was looking at the collectors set size as there have been a few regular size clear crystals done and nothing for the set which includes the briefcase with lights.
The Bluray case the best inexpensive prop replica compared to the real prop as the Rinowa case which alone cost about $ 750 to purchase not to mention the additional work needed. The Bluray case has a cheap plastic cube which look bad against what is other wise a very nice display piece.
If there was enough interest, I can look into producing the actual 3.75 size blue Crystal cube as well.

Are you doing blue so it will light up blue?

Since the crystal is blue in the movie, I wanted to do so with this piece. a white light or blue light should give it the same cast as the movie by doing so.
The Hot Toys Fury figure had a miniature brief case with a blue crystal as well and it looked better than a clear piece. With the larger prop, I was looking to do the same thing with this piece.
The crystal itself is a blue crystal, not coated, it's a nice quality piece that I have found to be very expensive with most distributors here in the US. Clear optical cubes cost about 75 dollars and blue crystal is excessively expensive in the domestic market. I did the same thing Chris Hydin has done, found a Chinese company that could make them inexpensively. I had hoped there would be enough interest here for a properly shaped straight cut optical quality blue cube to go ahead with this project.

Apologies, I had in my mind the TFA cubes, which were clear or swirled resin. Interested in both sizes

OK, I will look at both the screen prop size and the collectors set size.

Re: Interest in a Crystal Blue Tesserat Cube

Hi, Also interested in both sizes as I have both the Marvel set and a proper size Rimowa case to convert at some stage.

First sample piece should arrive here by Wednesday. I will post and then start a list for orders. If it is enough, i will go ahead and collect a down payment, place the order and the turn around would be about 3 weeks. The only question is the cost based on how many cubes are ordered. Still looking to keep the cost below $ 50 for them if at all possible. I will post a picture as soon as it arrives.

The sample cube has arrived. I think it's a vast improvement over the plastic cube. :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back