Installing Lifts And Modifying The Feet After

troggs

First off thanks to Mr Fett (I think) for being the inspiration behind this method, I got hold of some platform shoes to give me the extra height I needed, to these I glued on some yoga mat to give a base to work from.

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

I then glued the front of the feet onto the shoes, leaving the back loose for getting the shoes on and off. The feet are by mostermaker, I'd already painted them before deciding I need to install lifts.

To fill out the spaces under I feet I carved upholstery foam to shape and glued it in place.

b3.jpg

Because the feet now went up at a steep angle towards the heel I needed to hide this, so I cut up some cheap latex masks and glued these in to start filling the gaps in.

b4.jpg

Next I started applying latex and cotton wool to try and blend everything in together

b5.jpg

The feet were now painted and sealed, to try and hide the extra height I decided to make some sandals, these were made out of some leather like material from a chair I was going to throw out, thease were glued on in 3 layers to try and accommodate the curves a bit easier.

b6.jpg

b7.jpg

It's a bit awkward getting the shoes on, the latex foot is folded forward, I put my feet in, then my daughter has to do the laces up and then velcro the back together.apart from that I think I'm pretty happy with the end result.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice...like very much. Are you going to weather the leather...lol.. Just realised that rhymes. Used a lot of leather in my armour and ground in black shoepolish and used sandpaper to scuff.

Thanks for the positive comments guys, sulaco - I will be weathering the leather, I've still got to weather the chest armour strap as well, thanks for the idea on how to do it.

Stand outside in the Weather???.... :p
No,.... ok you can use fine grit sandpaper to weather the Leather (damn that rimes) or rub gravel and dry dirt over it.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back