Installing a mask zip

Belfast Neil

I have an 8 ich zip to install in my mask and was wondering what's the best way to do it, closed or in 2 halves? Also, what glue is likely to work best, 151 contact adhesive or gorilla glue?

Cheers,
Neil

if you are using glue, install it unzipped. You wouldnt want any excess glue gumming up the closed zipper. Gorilla glue, while it has a strong bond, doesnt have much flex to it..the zipper may eventually come off. Dap Weldwood is a great glue. then use an Upholstery needle and upholstery thread to put a few stitches through it for safe measure. Hope this helps

if you are using glue, install it unzipped. You wouldnt want any excess glue gumming up the closed zipper. Gorilla glue, while it has a strong bond, doesnt have much flex to it..the zipper may eventually come off. Dap Weldwood is a great glue. then use an Upholstery needle and upholstery thread to put a few stitches through it for safe measure. Hope this helps
I agree.....if your in the states...and i see that your not....(not sure of the availability of this stuff overseas) there is something called"super tac" it is specifically for glueing fabric, it bonds real fast and stay flexible!! also if your not much of a seamstress dude....as i am not.... rivets work well too in place of stitching. :D

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back