Inspector Gadget Propeller Hat

aaronbeck88

Hello. I am trying to make the propeller hat from Inspector Gadget and think I can mount the below fan into the hat, then just create the blades to mount onto it.

How would I go about changing the 120V plug into a battery pack? Any suggestions, or battery pack recommendations? Thank you

Attachments

• D488B4CF-4CE1-4C39-BF9B-B8360C2B9392.jpeg
    D488B4CF-4CE1-4C39-BF9B-B8360C2B9392.jpeg
    231.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 5E74CE78-CF2B-4414-BCEC-DFCDFBDD0C47.jpeg
    5E74CE78-CF2B-4414-BCEC-DFCDFBDD0C47.jpeg
    269.7 KB · Views: 73
Hello. I am trying to make the propeller hat from Inspector Gadget and think I can mount the below fan into the hat, then just create the blades to mount onto it.

How would I go about changing the 120V plug into a battery pack? Any suggestions, or battery pack recommendations? Thank you
You can't run an AC motor, which you are showing, with a DC power pack without inverter circuitry which will add considerably to the complexity of the hat. Look for a simple DC motor which you can usually find in a hobby shop which runs on 3 to 5 volts. Unless you intend to actually fly, the motor doesn't have to be very powerful to spin a propeller. I'm not familiar with Inspector Gadget's hat propeller. How big is the propeller?

There are a ton of DC fans and motors. Even if you made an inverter, I wouldn't put 120Vrms in a hat... near my brain. You do not want to get shocked. Find a fan you can run off a 9V battery.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back