Insane functioning TOS Tric

Wow.

My only humble critique is that if you are going to make such an amazing tricorder, why put it in an Art Asylum case -- why not get an HMS or MR tricorder?

If this guy would take my money to build me one, I would send him an HMS kit and have him pimp it out -- but I would either lose the flashing lights in lieu of screen accurate watch winding fobs OR use LOWER intensity LEDs -- the ones he uses are blinding -- in fact, I think the AA tricorder lights are much too bright.

I wonder if it can easily switch back and forth to different screens or not.

Either way, I am absolutely blown away -- this is what i always thought the tricorder screen would look like if it actually worked...with possible exception of the small type on the one screen (i think it is processing info, so maybe this is a moot point, okay, it's all a moot point as this is just PRETEND. :)

Certainly novel and cool, appears to just be a rotation of different videos... All in all pretty easily done with some of the new graphic display driver ICs out there now... Or even with the hacked guts of a cheap mp4 player...

Very cool.

I wish Wah was still around to see how his influence still goes on....

Fantastic, but yeah, shame it's in a AA Tric, as nice as they are for a toy, it'd certainly be spectacular in a better box.

I found it odd that he decided to go with the AA as well... I mean if you are going to do that... might was well use one that uses real metal.

Some more info would be nice as to what all he did and the actual functions that is has. Does he have control over what the screen plays or is it just a rotating video?

Excellent work, hands down best interpretation I've ever seen.

Agree on the AA casing but I guess it kept the cost down.

I'd buy one...if he sold them.

Oooo, I may have to call may doctor, if this erection lasts more than four hours!

ATTENTION: For the consideration of others during the flight, please turn off sound on your tricorder before boarding the shuttle craft. Thank you, your pilot. (or so help me, I will blow the air lock!)

Very cool, but agree on pimping out an AA is kind of silly.

He should make a rotating display option, since Spock always looked at his from the top down.
And yes, I'm sure Spock can read upside down displays. But if you're pimping it out.....

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back