Injustice Wonder Woman

nbehling

This year for Halloween my wife Decided to go as Wonder Woman. There a lot of wonder women costumes out on Halloween so we decided to go a bit grittier than most WW costumes and take our inspiration from "Injustice: Gods Among Us".

All the armor is made out of foam. Super Light and easy to wear. All the paint is a Plastidip base with some gold paint and distressing on top. Its so much easier to plastidip everything thing grey before painting it.

I am most excited about the chest plate. It turned out better that I thought it would.

The boots have a few spots that have to be touched up. They are thrift store knee high boots that we plastidipped.

We deviated a bit on the belt/ briefs area to give it more of an armor feel to the belt. A couple more details will be added before halloween but we are very happy with it.

We have a few days until the party. Any last minute critiques to improve it would be great.

photo 1.JPGphoto-2-copy.jpgphoto-2.jpgphoto-3-copy.jpgphoto-4.jpgphoto-5.jpg

I will post more pictures this weekend when the boots are finished and her hair is bigger and dyed darker. It would be an Injustice (pun also intended) If I didn't post the pictures with her hair done.

I used EVA foam from big lots. They had it in rolls which was nice. Usually I can only find it in puzzle squares but it's to thick. This stuff was about half as thick as the puzzle squares.

We took a few more pictures in full makeup at the costume party this weekend. I promise to get a few natural light photos for quality but I am so pleased with her costume I had to share.

She has been training really hard in order to put on some thickness for this costume. It really shows in her arms and shoulders.

photo-3-copy.jpgphoto-2.jpgphoto-3.jpgphoto-4.JPG

im curious as to how did you do the breast area? my gf and i are working on similar costumes but we want to do the boobs out of foam? any ideas you can share?

Very nice job.

I am looking to do something similar for my wife for next Halloween. And thanks for the info on where you got the foam as well.

Great job! The armor is awesome! There is a cosplayer as Wonder Woman in my Family Of Steel thread and album. I don't know her name but like Injustice its a more warrior approach (Xena-like). Erica Durance who played Lois Lane on the tv show Smallville wore a similar costume. Worth a look if your wife ever decides to go as Wonder Woman again and wants a second version. I like that your wife worked out for the part too. Lots of hard work and talent by both of you.

Hey Jedilos,
Heres the general idea of how I made the chestplate.
I got a female bust mannequin from a department store (they were going to throw it out)
cut out the general shape of the chest plate (leave extra for forming and bending).
Use a heat gun and shape the foam as one piece around the bust.
once you have achieve the general curvature you want cut the excess off the sides and make it the right shape.
Heat again and refine the curves.
Then for the design i just used a soldering iron and etched it in.

I painted the whole thing with silver rubberized spray then a few coats of gold and then rubbed black paint for distressing

Hope this helps

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back