Inhumans

I think it looks...kinda interesting, but it's tough to get a read on the whole thing. The trailer doesn't really give you a sense of the story other than Inhumans live...uh...somewhere, and want to go back to earth because the brother of the king wants to, but the king doesn't. So they're gonna fight, but whoops! The king is on earth now and...that's about it.

I wonder if Medusa's hair just lacked CGI at that point or if they're literally not going to show it as like this living thing that's constantly moving around.

I'm just not seeing any reason for this to go to I-MAX first. I'm not really seeing anything in this trailer that looks like more than a little more sci fi version of Agents of SHIELD.

I'm just not seeing any reason for this to go to I-MAX first. I'm not really seeing anything in this trailer that looks like more than a little more sci fi version of Agents of SHIELD.

Really?? Free money.

They made it based on the contract for the series, so in essence, it was paid for. Stick in theatres for a couple weeks, you'll pull in potentially 100M in bonus money to hopefully invest in the show.

If you had read The Fantastic Four comics like I did as a kid (we're talking 1970s here), you'd know these characters. Back then they were just Mutants, so they have made them inhumans now which is fine with me to upgrade the storyline. I went "SQUEEE" when I saw Lockjaw - the big dog. I Never thought I'd see these characters come to life. I like what I see so far.

The sets don't evoke Kirby's aesthetic at all.
It's all so barren and sterile when it should be alien and ornate to excess.
I guess the girl with the stripe is supposed to be Crys.
But Lockjaw does look nice.

I think the "cheap" look comes primarily from the fact that Medusa's outfit just looks like kind of an ugly dress, and that her hair literally doesn't move. I mean, really, WTF is up with that, unless it's another "we'll add that later" thing? The only other explanation is that, like Black Bolt, she's consciously restraining her power, and will eventually let loose in a frenzy of flying follicles.

I understand that the IMAX deal is to make money, I get that. I just feel that if if something is going to go IMAX, it needs to be really bombastic. I just don't see anything here that warrants the IMAX treatment.

If you had read The Fantastic Four comics like I did as a kid (we're talking 1970s here), you'd know these characters. Back then they were just Mutants, so they have made them inhumans now which is fine with me to upgrade the storyline. I went "SQUEEE" when I saw Lockjaw - the big dog. I Never thought I'd see these characters come to life. I like what I see so far.

You might be thinking of another group.

This group has always been Inhuman...Terrigen mist and all. They aren't relabeled mutants. Not even from back then.

Quicksilver was married to Crystal for a while back in the early Fantastic Four days, so that may be where the confusion comes from.

I totally fanboyed over Lockjaw. One of my favourite Marvel characters.

While Inhumans and Mutants may actually be two separate things in the comics you can't say that the Inhumans are effectively taking the place of Mutants in Agents of SHIELD. I'm not familiar with the comic book Inhumans but I've read enough X books in the past to be able to tell that the writers on AoS have replaced the Mutant scare and registrations with the Inhumans, the only thing they're lacking are Sentinels otherwise we'd have a perfect 1:1 replacement of Inhumans for Mutants.

While Inhumans and Mutants may actually be two separate things in the comics you can't say that the Inhumans are effectively taking the place of Mutants in Agents of SHIELD. I'm not familiar with the comic book Inhumans but I've read enough X books in the past to be able to tell that the writers on AoS have replaced the Mutant scare and registrations with the Inhumans, the only thing they're lacking are Sentinels otherwise we'd have a perfect 1:1 replacement of Inhumans for Mutants.

Yup. They're doing that, as well as phasing out mutants in the comics, because they don't have the rights to mutants thanks to Fox's possession of the X-Men movie rights.

Quicksilver was married to Crystal for a while back in the early Fantastic Four days, so that may be where the confusion comes from.
As a kid what I remember most about that character is that, for the longest time, I used to mispronounce her name, "Crys", in my head when I read the comics.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back