Infinity War Thanos - freehand

atticusser

Hey folks. I thought I'd post some pics of my recently completed Infinity War Thanos halloween costume. This was almost entirely done freehand because I couldn't find a pep model to use. So it's really more of my interpretation of the Thanos armor based on the visual references that I had available (which were unfortunately very few) and a bit of modding of pieces from other armor projects that I've done. I also did have a 3D model from Fortnite that I considered attempting to convert to pepakura, but given time constraints and lack of experience with such work, I opted to just use it as a visual reference to help fill gaps left by a lack of a more film accurate references. So the final product is really more of a mish-mash of different sources that hopefully combine as a convincing, fully-armoured Thanos.

I bought the Marvel Legends version of the Infinity Gauntlet with the intent to use it as a model for making my own, but again time got the best of me and I ended up just using that as part of the costume. It does lend a nice effect. I intend to give it a rub-n-buff finish before Halloween to make it more metallic and reduce the plastic appearance. Then sometime after Halloween, I'll return to make my own replica when I have time to do so properly. I also bought the mask because I didn't want to attempt making my own for fear that my shoddy job would cheapen the whole thing ;) I filled it with spray foam and affixed some straps to it so that I can wear it on top of my head.

Some pics are included. The paint job isn't 100% to what I wanted it to be, in terms of detail, but I may still have time to finish that before Halloween. Otherwise, I'm quite happy with it and by the reactions I've gotten so far, other seem to appreciate it as well, which is satisfying. I'm sorry I haven't posted anything as a WIP to see my process. I do have some of it documented which I will try to come back and add later. Let me know what you think!

IMG_2656.jpgthanos2.JPGthanos1.JPGIMG_20181025_145703957.jpg20181026_102456.jpg

thats amazing! id love to see some build photos!

I'm working on putting some together. I actually took some time lapse video that I'm compiling, but unfortunately, I don't have as much as I'd like. I'll try to add some here this weekend.

Thanks to all of you for the kind words!

Very cool. I dig everything about it.

Out of curiosity, where does you're actual eye line fall in the get up? are you down in the chest, or is your head up in the neck area? You work up a camera, or am I just missing where you hid a spot to see where you're going?

Very cool. I dig everything about it.

Out of curiosity, where does you're actual eye line fall in the get up? are you down in the chest, or is your head up in the neck area? You work up a camera, or am I just missing where you hid a spot to see where you're going?

My eyes are just below his chin. I filled the mask with foam and carved it out to fit my head, so I wear it like a bike helmet. In fact I even added strapping very similar to a bike helmet's so it wouldn't slip off. I'm also wearing a purple morphsuit so my face is disguised but I can still see (mostly).

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back