Imperial Shuttle-Revell snap-tite mystery scale

I was told many years ago that the problems with the MPC kit stemmed from the source images that were provided were from squeezed anamorphic frames, which compressed the apparent length of the shuttle, therefore making the body and vertical stabilizer too short from front to back, and the angle of the cockpit too steep. Somehow, Kenner got the proportions right with their rendition of the shuttle, which looks closest in relation to the studio model.

E

I was told many years ago that the problems with the MPC kit stemmed from the source images that were provided were from squeezed anamorphic frames, which compressed the apparent length of the shuttle, therefore making the body and vertical stabilizer too short from front to back, and the angle of the cockpit too steep. Somehow, Kenner got the proportions right with their rendition of the shuttle, which looks closest in relation to the studio model.

E
Plus the fact that the full scale shuttle set built for Rotj was this stubby version as well. The blue prints for it exist and I think line up with the mpc version, but I could be wrong. Regardless, the full scale set doesn't match the ILM model either lol

Blueprint ROTJ set :

lambdablue2.jpg

Mr. E Man you can read all about it here : STAR WARS: Lambda-class Shuttles: The Dimorphism Blooper with lots of pictures to open near the bottom :)

Chaïm

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back