Imperial Gunner

cavx

Master Member
Getting close to finishing my Imperial Gunner and just want feedback on the position of the com box on the side.

I went to the 501st CRL and the Imperial Gunner Site and found varying positions for this part.

Here is mine tapped to the side of my helmet.

attachment.php

If this needs to move, please let me know where.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20150502_140625.jpg
    20150502_140625.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 1,851
No advice on the position of the com box, but wanted to sat, that helmet is sweet.
Is it your creation?
Goodluck with the build.

No I bought the kit of a guy in Western Australia and I trimmed and assemble the parts. I am actually really happy with the jaw where I used Weldon#3 to fuse the ABS together, then sanded and finished with acetone. In some parts the seam is so smooth it looks like the vacuum form was one piece.

It looks dead nuts accurate to me. Best of luck with the approval!

Thank you. The photos have been taken and submitted, so now it up to the powers that be.

attachment.php

We didn't have a white wall to shoot against, so hopefully they are OK with that.

Attachments

• DSCF5837.JPG
    DSCF5837.JPG
    369.1 KB · Views: 1,579
Congrats on the approval. Your Imperial Gunner looks great. I know there are configuration options without a Gunner Bib, but are you thinking of adding one in the future?

I love that helmet! The high gloss looks really cool. I agree that the soft armor bib looks cooler than the hard armor. I personally really like the quilted leather jacket look, but I have no idea if anyone makes it.

Awesome job! Congratulations!

Thank you :)

I love that helmet! The high gloss looks really cool. I agree that the soft armor bib looks cooler than the hard armor. I personally really like the quilted leather jacket look, but I have no idea if anyone makes it.

Not sure either. I do know a guy that makes the soft armour bib, so should be able to get one of those fairly soon.

There is a vendor in Argentina that makes and sells the leather Imperial Gunner Jacket. Let me know if you want his name or contact info.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back