Question If someone blocks you, where does a PM sent to them go? (answered)

Shylaah

Sr Member
If someone PMs you and ask you some questions about something you posted,
and you reply to the best of your knowledge and belief. Then they don't like what you
said in your reply, even though most of it had already been posted publicly. They reply
to you and say some untrue things and tell you that they are blocking you so you cannot
reply to them.

If you did reply, where would the message go? Would you get an undeliverable message
or a return or anything?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Shylaah

Can you block Pm's?

Yeah, I think so, by blocking the person, then not allowing contact from those on your blocked list....

Shylaah

EDIT:

Actually looks like you only have three choices,
Send and Receive none
Send and Receive all
Receive only from mods and contacts.....

If you do not want to send or receive personal messages, you may disable the personal messaging system.
Enable Personal Messaging

You may limit the receipt of private messages to just moderators and your contacts. Other members who attempt to send messages to you will be told that you have disabled private messaging.

Last edited:
It's Thursday, I'm on and off the PC finishing a small but very delicate project, it's grey, raining, the house is quiet, my nerves are frayed .....

Spill the beans, give us some entertaining gossip :lol

It's Thursday, I'm on and off the PC finishing a small but very delicate project, it's grey, raining, the house is quiet, my nerves are frayed .....

Spill the beans, give us some entertaining gossip :lol

Lol have none of you been keeping up with the Halloween contest results? It's a bloodbath over there lol!

As much as I'd like to entertain you gentlemen :lol it's probably best to let sleeping female dogs lie.

Shylaah

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol have none of you been keeping up with the Halloween contest results? It's a bloodbath over there lol!

Oh goodie :behave

I did " :rolleyes " at some of the posts I saw, but the thread was locked. I see its spilt onto another one.

:rolleyes

Babies throwing their toys out of the pram :rolleyes.

(Just what I need to relax me a little today :behave)

If someone PMs you and ask you some questions about something you posted,
and you reply to the best of your knowledge and belief. Then they don't like what you
said in your reply, even though most of it had already been posted publicly. They reply
to you and say some untrue things and tell you that they are blocking you so you cannot
reply to them.

If you did reply, where would the message go? Would you get an undeliverable message
or a return or anything?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Shylaah

They are broken down into individual letters and recycled as alphabet soup and given to the needy. Don't worry it all goes to a good cause.

They are broken down into individual letters and recycled as alphabet soup and given to the needy. Don't worry it all goes to a good cause.

You gotta love love this place late at night

BTW, what happened to your cool avatar, blip. I really liked it and was quite jealous of it and your username combo!

Shylaah

Ummmm. I don't remember what it was? Whatever it was you can have it if you liked it.

It was a simple blue radar 'blip'......thanks, but it wouldn't go with my name....

Wait, it might have been another member, blipper......he has a radar-ish thing now, but not the one I was remembering *shurg*

Shylaah

For some reason I can't read the first post...

What is this thread about?

That's because I have you blocked.....no, wait......that wasn't you....don't know why you'd not be able to see it?!

It's about if another member has you on their blocked list and you really don't have any way to know if they do that I am aware of, and you send them a PM, where will it go.

Does it just disappear?
Will it just show up in your sent box like they did receive it?
Will you get a notice that it was undeliverable?
Or a notice that they have blocked you from sending them a PM?

Shylaah

You can't block by individual member. You can change your settings to only accept messages from members in your contacts list. Anyone that sends you a pm that is not in your contacts list will receive a message that you have turned off your private messaging.

So to answer your questions.

1) The message doesn't go anywhere because it never gets sent. You receive the "member has messaging system disabled" notice as soon as you click "Submit Message".

2) The message does not go into your "Sent Items" folder because it was never sent.

3) If you do not receive the "messaging system disable" message, the member has not changed their setting and will received your message, but that doesn't mean that they will read it before deleting it. :lol

>>>clip<<<
3) If you do not receive the "messaging system disable" message, the member has not changed their setting and will received your message, but that doesn't mean that they will read it before deleting it. :lol

Okay, thanks for clearing that up for me, Montagar. So, it went into my sent folder and I didn't get the disabled message, so they received it then. Yeah, you KNOW they'd read it!!!.......probably will act like they didn't or never admit that they did, but I'm pretty sure it was read if it got delivered! I should have requested a read receipt, but didn't think about it in time, I will next time.....

@Jannix Quinn: Yeah, why didn't I think of that......d'oh! I'm gonna do it anyway, just so we can get some first hand experience......blocking you, awaiting PM sending......

Shylaah

I've done that to a few recently myself.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back