IDW arm proton pack

falloutboy

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
My Getting there on modeling a IDW arm pack for 3d printing, and some interactivity. Setting it up for a 12mm acrylic barrel tube.
Thoughts? untitled.458.jpguntitled.459.jpg

Just about done on the IDW "Tainted Love" arm pack. Just a tweak to the upper pack where the bars meet the end, a channel for the upper pack, lower bar to be illuminated and the channel to cut into the motherboard and it's bits for LED's.
Maybe a couple of keys for alignment to help assembly on the upper pack.
untitled.466.jpg

untitled.465.jpg

untitled.464.jpg

Small update while starting the upper pack prints. Adjusted the arm for the grip, and redid the grip and its button cover. Grip is now held on by a inset screw- and the button cover is now easier to flip open. The small indent on its inside is for a 3mm magnet to keep it from flipping up when not wanted. Also started sanding. I don't think I'll need a reprint of the upper shell on this piece. The lower shell has been tweaked a bit model wise- but final adjustment will wait until i get the wrist brace it'll mount to in. That way i can measure best placement for a mounting bracket to attach to the wrist breeze.
20220317_180420.jpg
20220317_180404.jpg

I want this, can i git a copy of these files ?
I may put the files up for sale once I work all the kinks and electronics out. Otherwise it'll be a very limited run.
Another couple days on the printing. Then it's starting to assemble and wire everything up.
Then documenting. Slight chance I'll have to do a custom pcb to get everything to fit- but hopefully not. We shall see.

I may put the files up for sale once I work all the kinks and electronics out. Otherwise it'll be a very limited run.
Another couple days on the printing. Then it's starting to assemble and wire everything up.
Then documenting. Slight chance I'll have to do a custom pcb to get everything to fit- but hopefully not. We shall see.
keep me posted as ill be happy to throw 50 bucks at you for a copy of your work, my version of T.L (as of right now it's made out of wood) you already blown out of the water.

keep me posted as ill be happy to throw 50 bucks at you for a copy of your work, my version of T.L (as of right now it's made out of wood) you already blown out of the water.
Thanks <3
I'm planning on doing the compact pack for the whole dual wielding T&L variant as well.
Not sure what the predone kit will run as that's still a bit trial and error until I have the finalized parts figured.
Files and directions will be much cheaper if you want to diy.

Thanks <3
I'm planning on doing the compact pack for the whole dual wielding T&L variant as well.
Not sure what the predone kit will run as that's still a bit trial and error until I have the finalized parts figured.
Files and directions will be much cheaper if you want to diy.
well the reason I'm doing this it's my boyfriend can't really walk well. (major disc issues in his lower back we're hoping the surgery fixes it) so we're going to a convention this year and he wanted to cosplay as a Ghostbuster with me but wanted something that he could wear sitting down, I'll be keeping an eye on your progress and I'm hoping my vacuum form can come close to your 3D work you have shown.

Last edited:
well the reason I'm doing this it's my boyfriend can't really walk well. (major disc issues in his lower back we're hoping the surgery fixes it) so we're going to a convention this year and he wanted to cosplay as a Ghostbuster with me but wanted something that he could wear sitting down, I'll be keeping an eye on your progress and I'm hoping my vacuum form can come close to your 3D work you have shown.
I'll admit I wish I had a vacuum form table still. I'd have designed for that instead.
If you'd like - message me and we can work something out on hooking you up with the original print tested parts of the forearm pieces? If you're wanting to go full T&L (dual wield/both arms style), and don't have access to a printer- I can do a mirror print as well for reasonable costs.
I have a bit of sympathy on back injuries. My L2 thru L5 are torn and herniated. Hope he is able to get aid on that.

Finalized (hopefully) parts exploded diagram for the Arm Mounted IDW proton pack. Only things not in the picture are the electronic components, screws and split tubing. We shall see once the last few parts are printed though :)

Attachments

• untitled.601.jpg
    untitled.601.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 72
  • untitled.602.jpg
    untitled.602.jpg
    368 KB · Views: 105
We have both light rings responding to commands now - and the full light bar (it's WAY too bright right now- like, "DO NOT LOOK INTO THE LIGHT" levels bright. But, all 3 are animating properly, and the early button testing is working to cause a change in behaviour for them.
Next up, adding the other ~dozen LED's. Then sound & motor.
1648506753839.png

Files wise, I think I'm calling it done, though the build is very much not yet.
If anyone is interested in getting the files, let me know via DM. There's been some changes, and now a modular section for choosing either the retracting trigger grip, or the palm-trigger.

278407933_4774001736043144_1147834982650694751_n.jpg
Arm mounted pack.604.jpg

Attachments

• Arm mounted pack.605.jpg
    Arm mounted pack.605.jpg
    356.6 KB · Views: 69

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back