Ideas for making jaime Lannisters golden hand from 'game of thrones'

Connolly

Hi. I am making a Jaime Lannister cosplay from season 4 of 'game of thrones'. I need some ideas on how to go about making his golden hand.

imagejpeg

Not sure what material would work as I'd need to wear it over my own hand. It looks in two halves.

The actual hand used in the show is hinged, so it can open up in order for the actor to slip his hand inside. You can sort of see it here

golden-hand_612x380_0.jpg

^That was how I originally thought of making mine, but I have absolutely no idea how to make that sort if thing, so I ended up getting cheap pleather gloves on eBay, going over the right one with a few layers of Mod Podge (because nothing else was sticking due to chemicals used on the material), covering the entire thing in gold Rub n Buff, and sealing it with a few more layers of Mod Podge. Not particularly accurate, but it looked pretty decent.

jaime_en_garde_pose_2_by_timeywimey_007-d8kglw6.jpg

I would have made a alginate mold of my hand in that shape and then when i have a plaster cast i would add thickness and clay and then make a resin cast of the 2 parts.

Thanks, I did. The pattern was modified by an approximate copy I made from an overcoat I wear that fits me pretty well. I'm afraid I don't have any pictures of the pattern, but it's really quite simple, aside from the horizontal panels on the sides (which aren't complicated or anything, just a bit tedious to do). I'd say it would be a pretty good beginner sewing project. If you don't want to use leather or (as I did) vinyl, I think faux suede would work fine (which you can get pretty cheap on Amazon and eBay). I didn't really take any WIP pics of the coat, but here are more pictures of me wearing it and of it on its own, if that helps:

jaime__oathbreaker___the_kingslayer__lannister_by_timeywimey_007-d8kglu5.jpg
jaime_resting_by_timeywimey_007-d8kgly2.jpg
jaime_gambeson_back_by_timeywimey_007-d81pdql.jpg
jaime_lannister_jacket_fully_closed_by_timeywimey_007-d81pdp6.jpg
jaime_jacket_lining_by_timeywimey_007-d81pdqa.jpg
More: http://timeywimey-007.deviantart.com/gallery/51417445/Jaime-Lannister-S1-4

It will be my first big project. The coat I'm wanting to to make is very similar to yours just a slightly darker material like he wears in the later seasons. It is the same as what he wears under his Kings guard armour. So il get the hand, coat and boots done first.

i think I am going to attempt to make the hand out of worbla and see how it turns out.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back