Ideas for a 2 or 2.25 inch plastic circular disc?

Jodo Kast 3

Sr Member
Ok,

I`ve been banging my head off of my keyboard for the last two days trying to come up with a relative easy solution to this problem. I`m trying to find pre-made 2 inch or 2.25 inch blank plastic disks that I can use as a button blank. Besides the obvious going to the store and buying an expensive circular cutter and cutting them myself, does anybody have any easier ideas that I have obviously missed? Any suggestions are appreciated.

JK3

I`m trying to stay away from metal buttons as much as possible, and would like to stay with a two inch plastic body.

Thanks!!

JK3

I have access to a laser cutter. I recently cut a bunch of circular discs out of acrylic plastic. shoot me a PM and we can discuss your needs.

3D printing is creating an object, from a Cad file or similar in 3dimensions. That is, the piece is actually "grown" with plastic.
Printe in layers, the object is laid down like a standard printer, except extruding plastic instead of ink.
This would probably be far too expensive to do.
If you can get someone with a laser cutter to do it, you will find far better results.
The discs will all be precise and need little or no clean up and it should be a fairly quick (read: inexpensive) task, since most laser cutters charge by the amount of time the laser is cutting and for materials, obviously.

A CNC machine could also do this with a larger variety of materials. I prefer the laser by far - how cool is it that you can get stuff cut by laser?!

Places that do engravings for plaques and trophies usually stock a variety of plastic and metal discs.

Tap Plastcs has some, but I don't think they get that large in diameter, maybe some other plastic suppliers?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back