Icons pulse rifle

Darth Sinatra

I bought this Icons Pulse Rifle many years ago and don’t know a lot about it. It has a box with a three digit number on it but no number stamped into the magazine bottom plate. The grenade launcher pump handle was never screwed in so it slides freely. It also has a tiger stripe camo pattern airbrushed onto it. If anyone has any info as to its history please let me know. Im
IMG_5772.jpg
IMG_5773.jpg
IMG_5784.jpg
IMG_5789.jpg
IMG_5779.jpg
IMG_5795.jpg

Sweet! I seem to remember there being more than a few artist proofs of these.

Maybe the previous owner gave it that paint job? Or was it somebody at Icons?

Last edited:
I've seen a couple over the years that didn't have the edition number on them but was never able to figure out if they were legit or not. What is just as rare though is to have the original box so it is probably a legit piece other than the gorgeous paint job. As someone mentioned they may have been artist proofs but also could have been pieces that walked out of the door as payment to employees when things went south with Icons as I have heard that happened towards the end.

To my knowledge, those kind of things happened at Icons. When products were damaged or couldn't reach customers due to defects or things like that, custom painters at Icons kept those products and could apply their own custom paint job or "ideas" on the replica.
Maybe your PR is one of those. I remember to have seen one in Arctic camo color....wonderful. Painters there were very creative and really efficient.
Don't screw the pump handle : it is supposed to move freely under the barrel.
And your PR is legit : it has the Icons "numbered" plaque under the mag and the "reproduction warning" panel (if I remember correctly) under the extending stock.
The box was certainly taken directly from the factory by that painter...

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back