Iconic/Famous sneakers, trainers or footwear from movie and TV.

adamszki427

i did a little searching on the forums here and whilst there are searches for identifying specific footwear to replicate a costume, i couldnt find a discussion about footwear in general. apologies if there is one i missed.

so we all know about the Nike air Mags from back to the future and those are probably the first answer anyone would give if asked the question. and that is one prop replica i would love to have a crack at some time.

i also really love the nike command force from white men cant jump. (and i like the move too although i imagine it will split the room).

so what other sneakers/trainers or footwear do you like, own or have in your collection that have featured in movies or TV? not just because they fit with the aesthetic of the costume but where they were used as a hero or feature and told part of the story?

i did a little searching on the forums here and whilst there are searches for identifying specific footwear to replicate a costume, i couldnt find a discussion about footwear in general. apologies if there is one i missed.

so we all know about the Nike air Mags from back to the future and those are probably the first answer anyone would give if asked the question. and that is one prop replica i would love to have a crack at some time.

i also really love the nike command force from white men cant jump. (and i like the move too although i imagine it will split the room).

so what other sneakers/trainers or footwear do you like, own or have in your collection that have featured in movies or TV? not just because they fit with the aesthetic of the costume but where they were used as a hero or feature and told part of the story?
I can't really think of many instances of footwear being a feature or part of the story, except maybe Rosa Klebb's knife shoe or Parrish trainers in Jumanji, or Werner Herzog's shoe that he ate.

I can think of a few that show up prominently and are forever thought of as part of the film though.

Maybe not directly featured but I always thought it was cool that Batman '89 wore Nike Air Trainer III

Screen Shot 2023-03-26 at 8.11.03 AM.png
EUheFTPXgAIdM5E.jpeg

I didn't know he wore Nike thats the kind of thing that made me start this thread... like you say not the star of the show as such but still pretty cool.

niice.. i think they are called Nike Vandals. they could definitely be part of a collection and it would spark a conversation about them for sure.

For my part, I'm looking into the viability of making a copy of Hannibal Chau's snazzy gold-armored shoes from Pacific Rim. Of course, I would need only one...

1693537986160.png

that foot armour would have to flex or it would make walking pretty clunky. surely theres an accurate 3d model somewhere that could be printed and cast these days?
No. There are attempts. But the foot armour falls short in looks. You see that bat on the foot piece? The armour goes flat mid bat up towards the peak of that piece to lay flat on the shin. If you look at the profile of the boot the foot armor should be as tall as it is long. They’re always too long and not tall enough and the bat never lays flat. And there’s usually a crease line going down the center. I’lladd pics to show you what I mean if you wish. I just don’t want to hijack the thread.

Edit:
IMG_0730.jpeg
IMG_0729.jpeg
IMG_0727.jpeg

This is the best you’ll find and as you can see it falls short and looks like a Halloween costume. It doesn’t look slick or sleek. There’s some weird crease/fold going down the center that’s not even there on the originals. Nothing lines up to the Nike details. What gets me about people that 3d print things (not saying this is but most suit makers that buy files from devingart/artdeving) is they print and mold. They don’t do any work to reshape and fix things. They’re lazy and think they can just print, primer, sand, mold. I personally plan on buying the files, printing them, and getting out the dremel and clay to fix the things that are wrong on a piece that’s only 80% right. Everyone and their mother is printing chest pieces with the arms and shoulders held in an odd pushed back chest out position that when people wear them they buckle at the pecs… and no one bats an eye. No one will fix the problem. I’ll be the one to buy the files and do it myself.
Sorry I rambled. It bothers me to no end.

Last edited:
No. There are attempts. But the foot armour falls short in looks. You see that bat on the foot piece? The armour goes flat mid bat up towards the peak of that piece to lay flat on the shin. If you look at the profile of the boot the foot armor should be as tall as it is long. They’re always too long and not tall enough and the bat never lays flat. And there’s usually a crease line going down the center. I’lladd pics to show you what I mean if you wish. I just don’t want to hijack the thread.

Edit:View attachment 1735658View attachment 1735659View attachment 1735660
This is the best you’ll find and as you can see it falls short and looks like a Halloween costume. It doesn’t look slick or sleek. There’s some weird crease/fold going down the center that’s not even there on the originals. Nothing lines up to the Nike details. What gets me about people that 3d print things (not saying this is but most suit makers that buy files from devingart/artdeving) is they print and mold. They don’t do any work to reshape and fix things. They’re lazy and think they can just print, primer, sand, mold. I personally plan on buying the files, printing them, and getting out the dremel and clay to fix the things that are wrong on a piece that’s only 80% right. Everyone and their mother is printing chest pieces with the arms and shoulders held in an odd pushed back chest out position that when people wear them they buckle at the pecs… and no one bats an eye. No one will fix the problem. I’ll be the one to buy the files and do it myself.
Sorry I rambled. It bothers me to no end.
totally get where you are coming from. i know theres alot of labour in 3d modelling and i am nowhere near good enough to scratch model things like this. ive done a few things in my time but all with cinema4d which never used to play well with 3d printing due to various smoothing elements like phong tags (dont ask why they are called that i have no idea)... i hope you find your grail batman parts one day. the quest is often as fun as the end result.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back