I want my Obi EE....

What?
A 66 Corvette?

Seriously, I saw that posted on the RS forum too...what is a cvte66?

Originally posted by Exodus@Jan 21 2006, 09:58 PM
Anyone have a cvte66 Obi Wan saber to compare with the MR version?
[snapback]1164900[/snapback]​

Originally posted by stiffminded@Jan 21 2006, 07:01 PM
I got my Obi EE the other day too. I really like it A LOT. But I have a chromed fan made EP1 Obi that I think looks just as good (some things better). I was excited when I heard that MR was going to use a crystal in the purple hemi, but having seen it,  it's not all that exciting. My fan made purple crystal looks 10 times better (thanks Stormpath). Overall though, I am very happy with the EE version of the Obi. I've attached some pics of both sabers, the MR is on the top.

Obis1.jpg

Obis2.jpg

[snapback]1164804[/snapback]​

The pics do show my only minor bother with the MR (I have an EL version to compare too), it's the depth of the black handle to the inner tube under it. It almost seems the inner tube's diameter is too small. It adds more definition to the MR, however it seems, dare I say, "realistic"

He's a seller on ebay that custom machines the Luke ROTJ and the Obi Wan TPM sabers. I have the ROTJ saber and it's amazing, easily one of my favorite sabers that I own. His sabers usually end at about $250 or so and since I don't have cash to get the EE I figured I would try to get something similar.

Originally posted by lesternessman@Jan 22 2006, 02:23 PM
here's pics from one of his auctions. If he wants them removed, I will gladly do so at his request.

[snapback]1165267[/snapback]​

Recieved my obi wan today.. very disappointing... I unwrap it slowly to find I have #477.. Which is cool, doesn't matter, but when I get to the actual saber itself... Glue is stuck to it along with some of the foam material its packed in. I think someone already posted a picture of what looks like little pieces of plastic stuck in the front area (closest to the blade) and I small very fine scratch on the back handle. I wouldn't complain if it was just the small scratch, its noticable when light hits it but this other stuff is very disappointing. Compared to my other Limited edition sabers this one doesn't look good at all... Maybe I'm being a prick here but it seems like for so much money the thing better look d**n near perfect.

Originally posted by Gytheran@Jan 23 2006, 09:14 PM
I would send it back for a replacement.
[snapback]1166357[/snapback]​

def, I emailed them already just waiting to hear back from them. Just sucks to wait sooo long then be disappointed by something like that.

Originally posted by Ricoch3T@Jan 23 2006, 08:57 PM

Recieved my obi wan today.. very disappointing... I unwrap it slowly to find I have #477.. Which is cool, doesn't matter, but when I get to the actual saber itself... Glue is stuck to it along with some of the foam material its packed in. I think someone already posted a picture of what looks like little pieces of plastic stuck in the front area (closest to the blade) and I small very fine scratch on the back handle. I wouldn't complain if it was just the small scratch, its noticable when light hits it but this other stuff is very disappointing. Compared to my other Limited edition sabers this one doesn't look good at all... Maybe I'm being a prick here but it seems like for so much money the thing better look d**n near perfect.
[snapback]1166344[/snapback]​

I remember the syrofoam sheet also sticking, and it actually smelled like wet paint or something when openning. Still a great saber so I hope you get a replacement you are satisfied with.

Originally posted by oldken@Jan 24 2006, 04:48 AM
does it have a hole in the emmiter? or is it flat?
[snapback]1166603[/snapback]​

Like the pic above and the promo pics, and most ltd/elite/etc MRs, the little circle scribe.

Obis4.jpg

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back