I need some makeup tips....

Rikarus

Sr Member
Doing Starfest next week and I am wearing Screen Used Starship troopers MI gear on day, and weathered US Colonial Marine Gear another.

The thing is, the SST Stuff is covered in screen blood and dirt, and the USCM gear is covered in "threw it in the filed next door dirt" so I don't want to wear it and look like a perfectly cleaned and manicured nerd boy underneath.

To the point could I get some make up tips that are simple to do and will weather "me" a bit so I can get a bit more of the look?

Thanks much gang!

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a product at Party City stores (or other costume stores, I assume) called "Zombie Dirt" which would be an easy fix. It comes in both black and brown. Easy to apply and remove.
Of course, regular grease paint makeup will work fine, just takes a little more skill to apply and have look right.

If doing dirt and grime, it's more important "how" you apply than "what" to appy.

Flicking make up on with a cut down chip brush and stipple sponges will give you are realistic affect.

You can thin down regular grease paint with ipa to flick, just be careful around eyes.

Thanks Fettster, I got some base make up in earth tones and black. WIll try out like you said and see how I do, I am guessing I will need to practice a bit. Don't want over the top, jsut dont want perfectly clean look.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back