I need some help with an electronic circuit!

CaptCBoard

I am appealing for help from those of you out there that know more about electronics than I do-- and I don't know much. Here's the problem:

I need to use a momentary-contact (normally off) switch to cycle the lights on a model on and off. I'm using 3 9v batteries to run about 30 LEDs. The switch I'm using can handle the current, but I can't find a way to make it so the lights stay on without holding the switch in. The switch I'm using is 'tactile' with a post instead of a button-- the post needs to extend through the surface of a casting such that it is barely visible. I need to use a tactile switch so very little pressure is used to operate it. I don't want to use a reed switch as that requires the use of an external device to activate and that device can be misplaced!

What I'm looking for is a circuit that is activated by pressing this switch, so that the lights stay on or go off. I have enough room in the model for a relay, so the circuit doesn't necessarily have to be completely solid-state. I know there are a few guys who visit here that could probably whip something like this up in their sleep, but it is really outside my realm of experience. I just need the design of the circuit as I can probably do the assembly myself.

If anyone can give me some help on this, I'd be forever grateful! You can email me about this or give me a call at (559) 584-5622. Pacific Time and I'm always up until 1am, so calling late is not a problem.

Thanks!

Scott
AtomicCity@gmail.com

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back