I hate ST Discovery

It is really distasteful and poor form to use the show as a partisan platform for contemporary politics and its associated personalities.

I prefer my contemporary “personalities” to be utilized like the they were on “TOS” and placed into roles like Melvin “King of Torts” Belli who wore a shower curtain / mumu and played a demon summoned by children…

View attachment 1557258
learned something new after looking up his name - all those years I overlooked this character - quite 'fitting' if i have to say so myself - thanks Alley

It is really distasteful and poor form to use the show as a partisan platform for contemporary politics and its associated personalities.

I prefer my contemporary “personalities” to be utilized like the they were on “TOS” and placed into roles like Melvin “King of Torts” Belli who wore a shower curtain / mumu and played a demon summoned by children…

View attachment 1557258
At least they played to 'type' and made the lawyer Evil incarnate. :D

Trek in the past has had actual scientists or astronauts doing cameos. Either as themselves on the holodeck or just a random crewman., Of course they have had historical figures recreated on the holodeck. And Flynt on TOS was a bunch of historical figures. LOL All that of course, is a different animal from this warp jumping the shark. Or worm spore fungus warp jumping or whatever the hell it is now.

I've heard that Paramount will be sending out representatives to confiscate all DVDs and Blu rays of all previous Trek versions. They will also revoke all licenses to aforementioned versions with all streaming services. This way you'll only be able to watch Discovery, Picard, and Nu-Trek shows. They say this is the only way to get ratings to a respectable level. A spokesperson who wishes to remain anonymous said that they are sorry for the inconvenience, but that this move is necessary. They notes that people say quite often that they will always have original Trek, and they don't need this Nu -Trek garbage. Well Paramount will see that you will own no Original Trek
and you will be happy !

Plenty of non-star trek fans.
Seen plenty of comments on the official Star Trek Instagram account saying things like.
"Never could get into any other trek shows, but Disco is awesome".

It's definitely made by non-Trek fans for non-Trek fans.
and then we get the added benefit of free psycho-analysis and being lectured to by the non-fans who now claim that they have always been fans --even though they aren't familiar with any of the previous shows/movies -- and that the new material fits in PERFECTLY with all the stuff they have never watched.

a la Star Trek
Star Wars
Dr. Who

can't chisel out the tombstones fast enough

People in this thread be like: “I hAtE StAr TrEk DiScOvErY!! iMmA wAtCh It EvErY wEeK, bUt I hAtE iT!”
Yeah, I generally let RLM torture themselves watching this kind of stuff (things I should like but appear to look bad) and then watch their reviews. Never saw Picard (love TNG) but was interested enough to check out Mike and Rich discussing it. Same with TROS.
Seriously though the title of this thread...why bother posting here if you like the show?

I’ve been watching it…

While it’s certainly not my favorite Trek series, I don’t hate it…

I appreciate them trying to take on some more relevant social issues, but they’re so heavy-handed with them as opposed to the subtlety nuanced stories of TOS and TNG. I presume it’s them attempting to cater to a broader (perhaps perceived as less intelligent) audience, which is a bit insulting to be honest…

Ever now and then, there is a small moment that gives me a glimmer of hope they’re finding their voice and we’ll get some TNG-quality Trek!

That, or it could just be the nostalgia talking…

Sean

i watch it...to decide if i hate it.
I tried to, it was like this:

eye tabasco.jpg

Watched the three series with a ‘that was meh, but it was Star Trek‘ feeling. Managed two eps into four and gave up. Lost all interest. Had no investment into ANY of the characters. All bland, no character whos story I wanted to see. Dipped back into ep ten, to see how they dealt with the Great Barrier. Not well, I found. No need to watch further. Adios STD.

despite its many faults, still sticking with Picard (for now).

Watched the three series with a ‘that was meh, but it was Star Trek‘ feeling. Managed two eps into four and gave up. Lost all interest. Had no investment into ANY of the characters. All bland, no character whos story I wanted to see. Dipped back into ep ten, to see how they dealt with the Great Barrier. Not well, I found. No need to watch further. Adios STD.

despite its many faults, still sticking with Picard (for now).

I've heard a good shot of penicillin will take care of most STD.

Thank you! I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress.

I hated season 1 but was able to get into and like season 2, I guess Spock and Pike helped. I watched season 3, wasn't that enamored with it and absolutely hate season 4 and have stopped watching it. One of the reasons being Michael's boytoy.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back