I can haz Extremis nao?

2010-10-05203509.jpg

2010-11-03152819.jpg

To save on time and to make sure the thighs would be symmetrical I made a model for them out of craft foam. Then I put them on my duct tape dummy legs, filled in the oval detail with a quick clay sculpt then molded them and finally bondoed any wrinkled areas after I cast them.

sideview2.jpg

testfit6.jpg

Unfortunately I only had the suit on for 5 mins so I only have a few pics of the entire suit. Sorry about that top pic. I can't seem to get rid of the empty white space.

You make the molding and casting of armor pieces seem so easy.

Thanks!...I guess it seems that way when you just throw up a few pics lol. Honestly, I felt exactly same way about your suit. It just seemed to come together so quickly and flawlessly...kinda makes me wish I had gone the foam route :rolleyes

Very nice work. This may be tacky to ask, but how much do you think it cost in materials? Just thinking of how much silicone it would take to mold that many large parts makes my head spin.

I never saw this project before. This came out amazing.
amazing sculpting talent.

thanks for necro-ing this. I don't mind ;)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back