Huntress Costume WIP Almost finished

Alright, just a quick update. Found most of all my supplies finally, backer rod, plasti-dip, rub'n'buff, etc, which im excited about. Thank god for Home Hardware and dollar stores :) I grabbed a piece of craft foam today to test with it and it works perfectly when you heat and shape it. Took a couple pics to show the shape im starting out with, I decided to go with the AVP shoulders instead of my orig design (Thanks SOO much for the AVP templates Vinmanmac). Im really really happy at how well they shaped out, plus there staying put pretty well. To harden them a bit more I should just add some latex paint or Elmers white glue right? (sorry for noob questions )
shoulder1.jpg.png

shoulder2.jpg.png

looing great :) wats next tia !!!! keep goin , dnt disapear on us agin lol
No way ill dissappear again because 1: Everyone on here will come to my house and kill me if i dont finish it, and 2: Ive waited forever to make this costume so nothing is gunna get in my way this time! Only reason i did for that while cause there was too much going on, family deaths, stress, etc. Its all good now though, life is alot more contempt now thank god...Im still waiting for my damn birthday to hurry up, hooray for rich relatives LOL. Ill try to keep everyone updated as much as i can, promise!

No way ill dissappear again because 1: Everyone on here will come to my house and kill me if i dont finish it, and 2: Ive waited forever to make this costume so nothing is gunna get in my way this time! :) Only reason i did for that while cause there was too much going on, family deaths, stress, etc. Its all good now though, life is alot more contempt now thank god...Im still waiting for my damn birthday to hurry up, hooray for rich relatives LOL. Ill try to keep everyone updated as much as i can, promise!
hi i hope the build is going well i cant wait to see some more pictures :)

I like to keep everyone updated, so im just going to post whats going on right now. Im ALMOST finished cadets again for the year, ive been extremely busy with Annual Parades, tests, glider practices, etc. School is almost finished again for the year as well, so ill get my costume started soon in full speed. My birthday is tomorrow, and i already got 100$ from my grandma in the mail, woot :rolleyes: Im hoping to save around 400 or 500, which shouldnt be a problem. What else...Oh i shouldnt be on very much during the weekends, been camping lots and enjoying the nice weather, but im always on during school times. Everythings been going great though besides the fact i somehow got 7 cavities... so i have to be at the dentist for like 3 hours today o_O
Anyways, hope everyone is still doing good, keep up the great costume making!
annual090152.jpg.png

~Tara

Okie so, i got 20 stacks of fun foam today, should be enough for awhile :p and I also found this kick ass growing skull thing at the dollar store, im gunna see how big it grows and then all i have to get is a spine :) Im working on the lower half armor as we speak, heres some pics:
skull1.jpg.png

foaaam.jpg.png

Ill update the size it gets to too, should be fun to watch. Its about the height of my pinkie right now.
~Tara

Really looking forward to seeing your progress. You are definitely on the right track and looking good.

I would recommend that you ditch the wet suit idea and get a body suit (leotard or similiar). They are fairly cheap, last one i got was plain cotton and about 30 bucks somewhere on online. A gallon of latex is pretty cheap too, compared to the cost of a wet suit. Monster makers sells their 5 gallon latex for 130 bucks or so, and a gallon is even cheaper. One gallon is plenty for a full pred costume. My last 5 gallons lasted for 3 years and numerous costumes/projects. And the process of latexing a body suit is really pretty easy. A latex bodysuit is hotter than you can imagine, but a wet suit is twice as hot.

I am excited for you. There is nothing like walking into a Halloween party wearing a pred costume. You will steal the show. It's like being Mickey Mouse at Disney World. You are a SUPERSTAR! It is....legendary.

Oz

Thanks alot for the tips! Yeah, its starting to look like im gunna do that instead, but itll be a long time before i can buy the latex :) I know what it feels like to steal the show cause of my starscream costume, its an awesome feeling :p
Im so hyped to get it all done, i just finished cutting out my foam loincloth, looks really good. Ill be updating lots now! Oh and the skull is about the size of my palm now o_O...

Ok fairly large update :mad: Ive worked all day on my first pieces of armor, and i was not expecting these results. They look so real i nearly shat myself when i went to go check on them after they were done drying :) I couldnt be happier with the results, and hopefully this changes my moms mood when she gets home about me spraypainting on the deck :)
That skull im still growing is about the size of a childs head so far, im not sure if itll get bigger... maybe im a child killer predator? LOL I do hate kids.......
ANYWAYS! Heres the pics!! Oh and i repainted my P2 bio finally.
p2gold1.jpg.png

p2gold2.jpg.png

p2gold3.jpg.png

buttflap1.jpg.png

codpiece1.jpg.png

buttflap3.jpg.png

codpiece2.jpg.png

armor1.jpg.png

Ok fairly large update :mad: Ive worked all day on my first pieces of armor, and i was not expecting these results. They look so real i nearly shat myself when i went to go check on them after they were done drying :) I couldnt be happier with the results, and hopefully this changes my moms mood when she gets home about me spraypainting on the deck :)
That skull im still growing is about the size of a childs head so far, im not sure if itll get bigger... maybe im a child killer predator? LOL I do hate kids.......
ANYWAYS! Heres the pics!! Oh and i repainted my P2 bio finally.
p2gold1.jpg.png

p2gold2.jpg.png

p2gold3.jpg.png

buttflap1.jpg.png

codpiece1.jpg.png

buttflap3.jpg.png

codpiece2.jpg.png

armor1.jpg.png

Waho mon you hate kids aye haha ill watch out for you on 20/20 Haha! Child killer predator bahah dats funny as hell!

Looks like your next project will be re-painting your Mom's deck.... :)

Paint job looks.....wait for it.............awesome!

Oz

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back