Hulk

Radion

I always start my interest threads a little too early and real world piles on with a demanding sick girlfriend etc so figured this is a nice project I want to take slow for a change, so will post here instead until it's running properly and all the bugs are out and also that I'm caught up on my main builds

17ce0b74.jpg

Have just reached terms with this little gem of a find a set of Hulk molds from an old avengers milk advert =)

They Have apparently seen better days having being stored outside but still look up to the job to create something pretty cool, even after I found the advert and the costume had a little to be desired with the bad mop top that they gave him lol

Initially these molds had sink holes in and using a mannequin (still with the molds) it would be filled with expanding foam or rubber I'd guess to create a suit for the actor

Since then those holes were filled to try create more of a hulk statue but have sat in a back garden instead after catching the eye of a collector as being something quite unique and crazy (man after my own heart)

When finished he will stand about 7 feet tall can't wait

8a5b0b79.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks can find the video on YouTube if search avengers milk should be the second video will try a statue first then try reopen the sink holes to attempt a suit

Either way I think I'll go in a different direction than they did for the hair lmao

Looks great. I just wanna see it, so whatever form that takes is alright w/me. I would imagine a statue to be easier to complete though.

I wish I had found this on ebay!! so totally jealous!! I'm building a hulk too.

I can see you mixing Smooth-On Flex-It foam to expand inside this thing.

What a great find!

Hi there,

I personally may be looking fr a statue if the price is right, but lets face it a costume would be MEGA!!!!!

Any idea of the cost of a statue (roughly)...i'll not quote you on it ;0)

Well 4th wall have been slammed with red hood helmet orders (obviously very quality piece) so iv been hounding them a little to find out about materials as they said they had a great materials rep who would come down do a once over and we could start working out costing

Inner core armature was a little funny to fit into the jacket but we got there in the end so mould wise locked ****** and ready to rock simply waiting on the test casts, haven't completely been slacking though even with having to take a break last couple of weeks to help re plaster my house top to bottom iv priced a competitive pair of plasterer stilts and still coming up with ideas for the hands (scale wise your arms end at the wrist) so can possibly add a mechanism to open and close the hands give more of a complete costume

Hope that's ok for now really am going to push for it now as I want a finished bells and whistle suit ready for not con in September if possible

Material guys have said self skinning foam seems one of the best bets to them might anyone have good suggestions for painting/colouring? As iv had mixed results in getting a good finish with them in the past

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back