How to repair this "battle damage" MR Luke Ep. IV EE

Duck9000

I bought this saber last year and it comes with some kind of "battle damage".

I really appreciate any advice/tips in order to restore it.

Thanks in advance

DSC03520.JPG

DSC03522.JPG

DSC03521.JPG

<div class='quotetop'>(oldken @ Jul 9 2006, 01:40 AM) [snapback]1276962[/snapback]</div>
did you not try sending it back?

or did you buy it as is?
[/b]

Yes, it was an "as is" deal :(

Perhaps a metal polishing compound would lessen the scratches, though you'd probably have to polish the whole thing so as not to have a couple of overly shiny areas where the scratches were. Good luck.

<div class='quotetop'>(Betamin @ Jul 9 2006, 03:45 PM) [snapback]1277228[/snapback]</div>
Perhaps a metal polishing compound would lessen the scratches, though you'd probably have to polish the whole thing so as not to have a couple of overly shiny areas where the scratches where. Good luck.
[/b]

I'm going to try that. Thanks for the tip. :)

Is the EE plated? Could polishing remove the brushed finish or expose the metal underneath, if any?

Frankly, I'd be SUPER cautious, but that goes without saying. Getting an even finish is going to be a bear. I'd just display it with the best side out (like a Christmas tree.). The damage isn't that bad.

<div class='quotetop'>(cayman shen @ Jul 9 2006, 07:56 PM) [snapback]1277345[/snapback]</div>
Is the EE plated? Could polishing remove the brushed finish or expose the metal underneath, if any?

Frankly, I'd be SUPER cautious, but that goes without saying. Getting an even finish is going to be a bear. I'd just display it with the best side out (like a Christmas tree.). The damage isn't that bad.
[/b]

Mmm... :unsure ...good point. I'll check it out. Thanks for the advice

personally this and the vader sabers, i really dont get why people just dont build there own... :unsure

but that leaves more found flashes for me. :p

seriously, that thing is supposed to be the elite EXACT replica... :lol

it aint a graflex so...

but i would just keep in mind that the original had scratches and blemishes so...

yeah, do the christmas tree thing. :thumbsup

WOW. I didn't know the Luke ANH EE was THAT shiny. Sheesh. It looks like MR got a little chrome plating/vacuum metalizing-happy with that one. I know others like the shinyness of MR's products, and I respect your likes and dislikes about them. But it just gets on my nerves a little to see a prop that was supposed to be in the desert for 20+ years, as well as Graflexes being OLD at the time ANH was made, get a makeover THAT extreme.

Just my thoughts on this one. It does look nice although I'll never be able to afford one :( . Besides, I like the LE and SE better with their slightly worn look and control box on the LEFT side where it belongs.

<div class='quotetop'>(JunkSabers1138 @ Jul 9 2006, 03:03 PM) [snapback]1277484[/snapback]</div>
WOW. I didn't know the Luke ANH EE was THAT shiny. Sheesh. It looks like MR got a little chrome plating/vacuum metalizing-happy with that one. I know others like the shinyness of MR's products, and I respect your likes and dislikes about them. But it just gets on my nerves a little to see a prop that was supposed to be in the desert for 20+ years, as well as Graflexes being OLD at the time ANH was made, get a makeover THAT extreme.

Just my thoughts on this one. It does look nice although I'll never be able to afford one :( . Besides, I like the LE and SE better with their slightly worn look and control box on the LEFT side where it belongs.
[/b]

I love the Elite . . . . stainless steel, shiny, idealized. And the control box on the RIGHT side maintains the continuity of the ROTS Anakin to ESB Luke sabers . . . . screen-accurate or not, for story purposes, it needs to be on the right side, where it belongs, as it is on the EE. :p

Since the EE is stainless steel, you should be able to polish out the scratches with a weel. However, This might make the polished section appear to have a different finish then the rest of the saber.

Dan

<div class='quotetop'>(Jedi_Mansur @ Jul 9 2006, 09:48 PM) [snapback]1277634[/snapback]</div>
I love the Elite . . . . stainless steel, shiny, idealized. And the control box on the RIGHT side maintains the continuity of the ROTS Anakin to ESB Luke sabers . . . . screen-accurate or not, for story purposes, it needs to be on the right side, where it belongs, as it is on the EE. :p
[/b]

My theory on that one is that Obi tinkered it (as he did with his own) to give Luke a saber that looked similar, but different, than Vader's saber. I believe that Luke tinkered with it (with help, and discresion, from Obi's spirit) to look as much like his Father's as he could. I don't know if this happened or not, but I did have a wierd and VERY detailed dream about what I just described above. It seemed so real that I believed there was written evidence to support it. Failing that search, I believe that SOMETHING will come out in the future that support's this claim. I just know it.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back