Question How to post pictures

DRD 1812

I would like to able to post pictures of my costumes and such, but I'm not quite sure how to do it.

I know that some forum sites have specific rules about how to post pictures. And to be honest, when I read rules about hotlinking and bandwidth, I don't know what they mean. I would like to use a safe site to upload my pictures and keep them there, so I don't have to reupload every time I want to use a picture I've already posted.

Thanks.

DRD...welcome!

Some people use sites like Photobucket.com, etc. to host their photos, and then can past a link when composing a post.

There is a member, and my memory is failing me at the moment, so hopefully someone will know who I'm talking about...who hosts photos for other members on his site, similar to using Photobucket.

Peruse this part of the FAQ that will hopefully answer your questions better than I can.

I will ask as a fellow member that, when posting a photo not as an attachment, you take in to consideration the width of the photo compared to standard monitors. ;)

Thanks, Bootlegger. I used imageshack and, after a bit of trial and error, discovered how to get my imageshack pictures into a post. I think the sizes are okay.

We would actually prefer you to upload your images to the site instead of link them from an external source like photobucket. Why? Because we have so many tutorials and great information from years past that had externally linked photos that no longer exist which often renders the information which references the now-extinct image pointless. It is very frustrating. If you upload them here, they are here forever.

Oh, okay. How do I do that?

I did upload some pictures and made some albums here on the site. I just don't know how to put the pics in my posts.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've read really interesting posts and clicked on the link, only to discover...the info/picture is gone.

Below the post window there is a section "Additional Options." In that area, click the box that says "Manage Attachments." Once that window opens, you have the option to browse for images from either your computer or add a URL (direct links from Photobucket, for example). Once you've done this, don't forget to click on "Upload."

Sorry, I just needed to test it out.
Brackets.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

So how does one delete a post again?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back