How to make your mask fit snug on your head

PredHead2008

Hey guys, my costume is complete, thanx to seahunter and mannowar. I have one problem, i put my mask on and its wobbly on my head. I need something like a chin strap or anything so i can look around without me having to hold the maks in one place. I dont want to use foam because its going to be hot in south florida. If i could have a chin strap idea that would be great. If i have to use foam then i will, but its the last resort. Let me know what you guys think of coming up with.

Foam is probably best and its the usual way to do it. But if your worried about the heat (which i would be too in florida) i guess you could straop a chin strap to the inside of the mask using contact cement to hold it in

I suggest slamming your head into a bee hive. The swelling will make it fit nice and snug.

I forgot the smiley...

what about removing the strap from a "hard hat"? The only issue I can see without using foam etc is that wont the foam help the top of the mask retain its shape???

Its a latex mask putting a foam core inside of it isnt gonna make it much hotter than it allready is. Other than there wont be a space around your head. I would just blow up a balloon inside it then push it up to the front of the mask so theres no foam that goes in that area. Pour a two part soft foam in it alittle at a time till you know how much its gonna expand. Then when its cured just pop the balloon. or you can just use some upolstry foam and stuff it in there so it fits snug and if you want you can remove it. Just my two cents.

If you're worried about the Florida heat, just put foam on the top of your head, but not the sides. Depending how it's placed, it will hold your mask in the right spot for you and you'd have some airflow around the sides of your face.

Its a latex mask putting a foam core inside of it isnt gonna make it much hotter than it allready is. Other than there wont be a space around your head. I would just blow up a balloon inside it then push it up to the front of the mask so theres no foam that goes in that area. Pour a two part soft foam in it alittle at a time till you know how much its gonna expand. Then when its cured just pop the balloon. or you can just use some upolstry foam and stuff it in there so it fits snug and if you want you can remove it. Just my two cents.
Good idea Ink, you could shape the foam and glue it into place so when you remove the mask they don't fall out or even shift during suit up (this happened to me in a dark club and i couldn't find them again )

why dont you put one of these in? http://www.geeks.com/products.asp?cat=FAN

their computer fans. i bet you could wire them up to some batteries easily. and when your foaming just put a cup or something in that spot and when your done install the wires and secure it with glue or something and blamo... you have good shape kept mask that fits and is cool.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back