How much bigger is SDS over DP Tie helmet?

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by asok, Apr 9, 2006.

1. asok

asok Well-Known Member

Does anybody know how much larger the SDS Tie helmet is over a cheap DP Tie helmet is?

Thanks,
    Asok

2. Treadwell

Treadwell Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Last time this came up:

http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?...ic=105405&hl=dp

the width of the DP Classic Action mowhawk is 3 3/16" and the SDS is 3 1/4".

So, doing the math, the DP is 2% smaller than the SDS (assuming the rest of the measurements have equal variance).

Now, if you're talking about the DP standard helmet (now released by Rubies), well, that's a LOT smaller.

3. Star Wars Helmets

Star Wars Helmets Sr Member

The size differences are humungous...

Ive recently bought a DP Deluxe TIE, and already have the SDS, TE/Laws and Don Post Standard. The DP/Rubies Standard is tiny compared to the rest (with the Classic Action essentially a vinyl version of the deluxe).

The DP Deluxe is a great collectable, although it looks like they mirrored the face to make it symmetrical like the Deluxe/CA Stormtrooper

Cheers

Jez

4. yakcam

yakcam Sr Member

WOW, I didn't know that.... and I'm supposed to be a TIE pilot :confused :lol

Thanks Jez :)

Cheers,

Kraig

5. asok

asok Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. My wife has DP standard helmet and I am looking for something better. She is a little short so, the DP standard helmet is just the right size. Any ideas what else I should look for?

6. Star Wars Helmets

Star Wars Helmets Sr Member

If you can find the Don Post "Classic Action" TIE then thats a nice helmet at a "reasonable" price. Its the same size as the deluxe, yet made of the same material as the standard. They come up on ebay every now and again at around the $150 mark (I think)

Cheers

Jez