How is your vision in your pred masks?

TehEl1te

Sr Member
So I got my xdmray half mask and its awesome. There is a little room in it so it tends to feel like it slides forward. I held my bio up to it and it feels like I am always having to look down... I feel like I have to look up to see straight. Does that make sense? Do the dreads counteract the weight? Do you guys in your pred suits look forward and see forward... or do you look forward and see a little downward and have to "look up" to see straight. Am I making any sense at all? I just want to make sure this stuff is fitting and looking right haha.

Also, what techniques do you use to put on your mask? It feels like my hair is tearing outeverytime I put it on hahaha!

Thanks in advance!

hey branden i only partially foam so the crown stays stiff. you might want to put more foam in for fit and comfort. i do a little amount of foam since everyone has different heads. the dreads might balance it out. but i would go with adding some soft foam.

Daman...

first off. THIS mask is AMAZING. o_O I love it bro. I figured as much about the foam. Everyone has a different head, I am going to pad it myself. I was just wondering.. in general... is the whole design of the predator head/bio causing people to have vision aimed downward... or is that simply just because my mask isn't foamed to my head and may be falling forward?

Do you guys look straight and see straight? or is it like a "****, I have to look kind of up so I can see forward" sort of deal? I know its a really awkward question... I just want to make sure i fit both the mask, and the bio to the mask right. :rolleyes:

I've already started planning dread placements and trimmed up the excess stuff on the mask Daman. It ROCKS. I love it bro. I'd order 10 more from you!!!

so do you mean when the bio is on you have tilt your head to see through the lenses?
i have no problem with mine lining up. and i dont feel like i am looking in an awkward way.

hmm maybe when there is more weight on it it wont slide forward. you might have to wait until it's dreaded to see if that changes anything.

plus i leave the back unfoamed, because digging into the foam for dreads is sometimes a bitch. i learned that the hard way on my first one.

Branden, a easy way to make the mask fit you better is to just get some egg crate foam, cut pieces off and super glue them inside the mask. Good places to add foam are the forehead (this will also cath most of your sweat so it doesnt soak into the latex), and the sides of the head. And its cheaper than the expanding foam.

awesome guys... I am sure it is just because i need to foam the inside of my mask. So you ARE supposed to be able to just see normally out the lenses... I just have to get the head on correct o_O Thanks for the tips!

just to be clear.
when i said foam it yourself, i was refering to like egg crate foam. not the 2 part or can expanding foam.

Some people. Including the original guys in the movies installed the HARD HAT LINERS inside the masks.

See pictures in the REFERENCE SECTION under Screen USED pictures. Some of the P2 Lost Hunters where done this way. I am going to try it on my XDMRAY undermask when I get it.

Of coure you gotta buy a hard hat to utitlize the inside parts of it.

Goodluck. Think creatively.

Branden the dreads will balance out the weight.
When i had the halfmask with the bio on it, it always well down frontwards. then I added the dreads and now when it's on it's perfect..

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back