how easy to remove a sole from a boot?

Jawafive

Sr Member
I'm going to be buying a pair of black renaissance boots but want to have the heel sole removed and replaced with a more 'combat boot' sole. Does anyone have an idea for a price range I should expect to see?

-Matt

I would think the best thing to do would be to contact the Ren boot maker and ask him what he woudl charge you to charge you to attach a waffle sole to the ren boot.

I'm not buying a pair of custom made boots from one specific person, but a pair from an online website that sells them for some boot company. They are all over the net and are commonly used by Batman fans.

-Matt

One of the problems with answering is we don't know which boot exactly. The two main ways to attach a sole is to glue it on or to sew it on. The sew ons are much easier to remove than the glue on. Basically if you can resole it, it doesn't matter the sole type (assuming flat boots with two inch heels it might be hard to go with a flat sole).

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back