How do you remove Pros aide from airbrush?

Lifeburn

Sr Member
So I got my airbrush last night, got my pros aide today, and started painting my mask. 5 minutes in my airbrush has a meltdown (mostly my fault) and spills the prosaide everywhere. My whole damn airbrush is sticky now and I've tried soaking it in hot soapy water, that **** doesn't want to come off. So how do I get the pros aide off of the airbrush?

I'm gonna go pick up some cheap brushes and brush that **** on, it's not going through my airbrush anymore.

ya that crap sucks. Ive used assortments of heavy thinners. I think i used acetone and vmp naphta to get it out. but be careful if there are any plastic parts because that could be corrosive. my brush is all metal. i just let it soak in that and then carefully with toothpick and qtips sorta peeled it out. good luck man.

I'd try rubbing alcohol if there are plastic parts, otherwise I'd go with Tonkers' idea. I also seem to remember the clear Createx (SP?) Airbrush Cleaner worked pretty well at getting prosaid off the hands...but I'm not sure, and I'm out of the stuff, so I can't check for ya :\

A product called super solve or EZ off is what we use to remove medical adhesive when taking of prosthetics. 99% alcohol ( not rubbing... Not strong enough) or an acetone bath ( careful of plastics... Will melt on minutes). Any of these three should disolve prosaid... You can also find medical adhesive thinner through many Beauty f/x vendors

Just make sure to remove the tiny little rubber seals that are inside the nozzle...they will probably dissolve or corrode with whatever you clean it with. Prosaide is very sticky stuff...good luck :D

Thanks for all the suggestions, i just used what i had lying around the house..nail polish remover. It worked pretty good.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back