How do you get a mirror finish!?! on vader bucket

"Meguiers Mirror Glaze #85 Diamond Cut compound or an equl to it by another brand. Then follow that up with the Meguiers Mirror Glaze #9 Swirl Remover. After that you can keep it looking that way with Meguiers #7 Show Car Glaze."

Now out side of thoese products what about Novus Polish set? from what i read about the novus kit 1 2 & 3 there poilsh is perfect for use with auto paints like duplicolor?

....nothing beats a professionally applied acrylic clear top coat. After it has cured....buff it with Nu Finish or similar car finish compound....

Originally posted by KevVader@Feb 5 2006, 10:20 PM
....nothing beats a professionally applied acrylic clear top coat. After it has cured....buff it with Nu Finish or similar car finish compound....
[snapback]1176965[/snapback]​

I agree. I had both my helmets done recently and I dont think I could be any more satisfied.

thanks for the kudos on my paint job...i still have some krylon acryllic clear gloss i want to put on..a figure a few coats of that and a screamin buff job..should look pretty sweet

just to let you know...im not sure cause i have not done it yet but i was told that acryllic clear has a lot of solvents in the clear and it can cause fusion paint to bubble, even after the waiting period...anyone spray with fusion and then wet sand and send to an autobody shop to have it cleared? just surious as i would like to go this route for the clearing but i used fusion paint

So I've read through this, and several other threads on getting a nice finish and I'm definitely going to check around to see what kind of deal I can get with my local automotive painting places, but I'm wondering what my best approach is to prep it.

Does the plastic have to be primed/painted before a clear coat can be applied?
If so:
- What is the best choice of primer/paint to prep it?
- Any suggestions on how many coats or curing time?
- Are there any must-have modifications that I need to make BEFORE painting?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back