How do you display your lightsabers?

This is sort of a re-occuring topic so i am just going to repost an old reply: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=254519&p=3885310&viewfull=1#post3885310

Take a look at my collection: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=220906

it is a good example of someone who cares about proper display of a collection but struggling to do so.

You will notice some budget ideas such as wine racks for displays. I also have had to rely on stacking display cases in order to save space. I have some ideas to improve on the display such as the ikea cases and a full grid wall that will replace the desk an showcase the items better.

The changes will enable me to add or subtract items with issue or additional costs.

I think the sabers round shape & weight, would make it not work. & as they would move they would probably scratch too.

Most saber materials aren't magnetic. Aluminum, nickle, delrin, etc.

Steels are, not sure about brass.

- - - Updated - - -

I liked the wine rack ideas. I'm thinking of doing that for blasters. But i may do it myself. I figure some 1 X 1 1/2 oak boards and a nice stain would work really well. Just gotta find some hooks.

Like this! staffwithsanjorumedallions_zps05af6f8d.jpg

I am so glad I found this thread. Needed some inspiration.

I am currently bouncing between 3 ideas:
- Simple 12", thin floating shelves, vertically stacked with 1 hilt each. Downside is a lot of holes in one wall.
- An IKEA Hemnes, narrow model, with one hilt per shelf. Downside is solid sides and back, so you can't see them as well.
- 3D printing some floating hangers. Downside is holes in one wall, plus uneven weight distribution of each hilt.

I'll post some pics as I make progress. In the meantime, this looks awesome! They're on IKEA's site still, too, for about $13 each! Says it would be about 10 bucks to ship a handful of them.

Last edited:
Awesome set up! Is that a Lego lightsaber up top??

Yup... there was a run a few months ago...

May be another if you keep your eyes open in the junkyard.

Man I'm going to miss building up this display (Selling my house and moving back to the city)

90434175e7adcc123407c5bb748c489a.jpeg

This is the other side of the room... had so many plans... the Bar was to be "Bar 2-D2"... I have all these prints being framed... Was building a Han in Carbonite...

:cry

"Bar 2-D2" hahah, I love it.

I can see what you mean NeoRutty. That looks like a space you could get really creative with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup... there was a run a few months ago...

May be another if you keep your eyes open in the junkyard.

Man I'm going to miss building up this display (Selling my house and moving back to the city)

View attachment 661672

This is the other side of the room... had so many plans... the Bar was to be "Bar 2-D2"... I have all these prints being framed... Was building a Han in Carbonite...

:cry

Oh man sorry to hear that! I hope you can have another man cave when you move.

Here's my current set up. Just some Pastor Jedi stands doing a 3 ANH, 2 ESB, 1 RotJ. I'll be moving in about a year or so, so it's temporary...again lol. I really like this book shelf but as it is permanently built on the wall, I will be finding a new way to display my stuff.

Group shot.
IMAG0807.jpg
A WIP Heiland that needs correct # of grips and I'm "working " on the clamp to update it and my RE Obj-Wan.
IMAG0815.jpg
MR Vader, my ESB graflex with original blast tech kit.
IMAG0811.jpg
Luke v2, awaiting slothfurnace card arrival and Roy's next batch of levers.
IMAG0812.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0809.jpg
    IMAG0809.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 128
"Bar 2-D2" hahah, I love it.

I can see what you mean @NeoRutty. That looks like a space you could get really creative with.

Here's the bar tender... Beer2-D2

IMG_2928.JPG

Oh man sorry to hear that! I hope you can have another man cave when you move.

I'm guessing not... heh. I currently live in the burbs (moved here just over a year ago) but realized very quickly my family is more of a city family. I loved the space... had so many plans, but the space is useless if the family is unhappy. So tiny downtown apartment it is. Going to get my friend to build me a wall cabinet that houses the sabers... some sort of shelf for helmets and blasters, and put Han in Carbonite away til I have a place to hang it...

I'm guessing not... heh. I currently live in the burbs (moved here just over a year ago) but realized very quickly my family is more of a city family. I loved the space... had so many plans, but the space is useless if the family is unhappy. So tiny downtown apartment it is. Going to get my friend to build me a wall cabinet that houses the sabers... some sort of shelf for helmets and blasters, and put Han in Carbonite away til I have a place to hang it...

Put Han on the fridge! :)

No kidding, I hope you'll find happiness back in the city. I'm a city person myself, couldn't survive in a village. But I have my own work/design studio (& WannaWanga HQ) which slowly turns into a SW exhibition [emoji1]

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back