How can I make a fast copy of my palm?

GuntahKela

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I need to make a one-time copy of my left hand's palm. I went to Michael's to see if they had any cheap kits, but I came out "empty handed." Is there anything in the Home Depot realm that I can use without ending-up at the ER?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GuntahKela @ May 7 2006, 05:48 PM) [snapback]1240006[/snapback]</div>
I need to make a one-time copy of my left hand's palm. I went to Michael's to see if they had any cheap kits, but I came out "empty handed." Is there anything in the Home Depot realm that I can use without ending-up at the ER?
[/b]
Here you go JC, cheap. http://www.activaproducts.com/ usually Michaels Craft Store carries the Insta Mold, comes in a 12oz Can.

The stuff I found at Walmart and Michael's was cheap casting plaster. Unless these can also be used for molding body parts, I didn't really find anything printed on the labels that suggested it for molding.

look for instamold or some kit at wal mart or hobby lobby for making impressions of kids hands. then just double up the molding material (alginate mostly, or some kinda paper mache) and make your own hand.

the casting agent is plaster, so if you wanted something like hot melt vinyl or silicone... no idea for that.

plaster though, is normally included in the KIT to make the kids hands/feet impressions. they also sell spare plaster to make more than one casting as a "Refill plaster" kit.

instamold is pretty cool though. ive used it even with castingcraft resin and it holds up pretty well.

chris

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Imperialknight @ May 7 2006, 06:25 PM) [snapback]1240020[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GuntahKela @ May 7 2006, 05:48 PM) [snapback]1240006[/snapback]
[/b]
Here you go JC, cheap. http://www.activaproducts.com/ usually Michaels Craft Store carries the Insta Mold, comes in a 12oz Can.
[/b][/quote]
JC, the Insta Mold stuff from Activa makes a durable flexible Mold. Yep I think Wal Mart also carries it in the craft section 12oz cans. I am going to mix up a batch right now and let you know how it works.

Michaels and AC-Moore both have those "baby" hand casting kits. You dip your childs hand in the goo and make a mold, it should work for adults.

Lynn

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Imperialknight @ May 7 2006, 07:58 PM) [snapback]1240063[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Imperialknight @ May 7 2006, 06:25 PM) [snapback]1240020[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GuntahKela @ May 7 2006, 05:48 PM) [snapback]1240006[/snapback]
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
JC, the Insta Mold stuff from Activa makes a durable flexible Mold. Yep I think Wal Mart also carries it in the craft section 12oz cans. I am going to mix up a batch right now and let you know how it works.
[/b][/quote]

Didn't go too good, did it?

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back