Houdiniguy selling Mike Tait recasts on ebay

Dear members,
I am houdiniguys daughter lauren. I want to let you all know my father died last September. Before his death he was struggling for a long time with his health. I am truly sorry to read that he had caused such trouble and issues for many. I hope you know he loved props and movies! Was his passion. I happend to find this sites address with his belongings and thought it best to let you all know. He always spoke of you all with high respect.
Houdiniguysdaughter

Dear members,
I am houdiniguys daughter lauren. I want to let you all know my father died last September. Before his death he was struggling for a long time with his health. I am truly sorry to read that he had caused such trouble and issues for many. I hope you know he loved props and movies! Was his passion. I happend to find this sites address with his belongings and thought it best to let you all know. He always spoke of you all with high respect.
Houdiniguysdaughter

Sorry but i don't belive it. We have heard the same thing from other people who then turned up alive and well.:thumbsdown

Sorry for your loss. Wasn't there a fire at his place also? Shame to have lost such an avid collector. Tom was cool but unfortunately got mixed up with a bad apple.

Look, yeah. I'm usually a total sucker, but what Conny said. We've just seen this kind of claim too many times; not to mention that HG himself made a lot of flatly untrue claims.

If it's true, then I'm very sorry for your loss indeed, thank you for letting us know, and we probably wouldn't expect to see you hanging around here anyway. But if you do, you'll have to expect some degree of scepticism, I'm afraid - it's just something that goes with the territory unfortunately. Since it's so easy to claim you've passed away online and start again as a new identity, we've seen happen a number of times.

Would you like to see the death certificate? I dont want issues. I am being honest and true. My father is dead. There is nothing more I can say. If you don't want to believe me you can keep this thread going in anger and search for a dead man. I just am informing you as his only living family.:angry

Look, yeah. I'm usually a total sucker, but what Conny said. We've just seen this kind of claim too many times; not to mention that HG himself made a lot of flatly untrue claims.

If it's true, then I'm very sorry for your loss indeed, thank you for letting us know, and we probably wouldn't expect to see you hanging around here anyway. But if you do, you'll have to expect some degree of scepticism, I'm afraid - it's just something that goes with the territory unfortunately. Since it's so easy to claim you've passed away online and start again as a new identity, we've seen happen a number of times.

Thank you for the warning, wasn't expecting the first response. I am telling the truth. I can't fix what my father did but I only thought it right to inform you all who enjoyed my dad but also went through issues with him.

This is true:

TOM GALLO

Tom Gallo, 55, of Tacoma, Washington, died September 11, 2012. He held I.B.M. membership number 65330, but was currently inactive. He also was a member of the Society of American Magicians, and Circus Fans of America. His mother worked for a local television station in Tacoma, where he met a mentor, Bill McClean, who taught him magic. He performed throughout the Northwest and Canada, combining magic, mentalism, and escapes. Because of his weight -- 400 pounds -- he was known as the “World’s Largest Escape Artist.” Amazingly, he did all the escapes -- including all the classics -- very well. For the past sixteen years he was part of the comedy team, “The Rowdy Referees,” with his close friend Patrick Slusher. Survivors include a daughter, Lauren; and a sister, Mary.

Oh that is very sad. A young age to go, and what went down here was saddening enough already. :(

Lauren's ban was self-requested by the way; she wasn't thrown out as a sock or the like.

Condolences, Lauren.

Hey Brad... Wasn't he on the Phone. Now that's magic. As I said before. Great loss. Losing his Collection. Wouldn't have done his health any good. Maybe post it in the OT.

i wouldnt consider magician.org as a reliable source for someone's death especially since he was inactive with the group.....

like contec said....many people had tried faking their death and turned up alive...contacting magician.org and claiming to be died is no different than doing an OT thread saying Wolf Morgan is died.....

i did a search a day ago and came up with nothing....i check tacoma obituary listings on several of their newspaper websites and public records and came up with nothing.....

only thing i could find was a tom michael gallo that died sept 19th, 2012 in northport, wa at the age of 62....no mention of a daughter name lauren....

Last edited:
This is true:

TOM GALLO

Tom Gallo, 55, of Tacoma, Washington, died September 11, 2012. He held I.B.M. membership number 65330, but was currently inactive. He also was a member of the Society of American Magicians, and Circus Fans of America. His mother worked for a local television station in Tacoma, where he met a mentor, Bill McClean, who taught him magic. He performed throughout the Northwest and Canada, combining magic, mentalism, and escapes. Because of his weight -- 400 pounds -- he was known as the “World’s Largest Escape Artist.” Amazingly, he did all the escapes -- including all the classics -- very well. For the past sixteen years he was part of the comedy team, “The Rowdy Referees,” with his close friend Patrick Slusher. Survivors include a daughter, Lauren; and a sister, Mary.

Ok, then i apologize for my post. It just seemed like the same thing we have heard before.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back