Houdiniguy selling Mike Tait recasts on ebay

Recasting - Bad

using a recasting thread to complain about the moderators... mildly amusing, but ultimately bad.

If you've got issue with the moderators - or A moderator, contact them or another moderator privately and work it out. In general I agree wit the premiss that disciplining of member should be minimized, and used judiciously... I also beleive that public "advertisement" of disagreements with the mods is counterproductive, while I do find myself on the side of non-censorship with regard to the airing of greivances... there is a time and place, and in a completely unrealted thread - not the place. C'mon... And seriously I'm not trying to bash anyone or "stir", just sayin' take it somewhere else, please.

Jedi Dade

I wasn't complaining i was just showing that the statement that nobody has ever ended up on the bad side of staff for disagreeing with them wasn't true.
Clearly it's not or i wouldn't have an infraction for it, simple as that.
And i didn't bring the subject up.

No one is saying you did, Gary.

Dade, I know I brought it up here where it was pertinent. There is a tiny bit of loose language in the CoC in regards to off the board dealings that I have disagreed with and just needs to be dealt with. The topic reared its head here, so why would someone start a whole new thread to address the issue when in this thread, where it is topical, is where it matters?

at this moment mike is reading all you 4 year olds fighting and enjoying it . My thought is if you don't like the way the site is run , then leave..pretty simple. Is that so had to understand....

Good thing your thoughts aren't mine! :angel Where's that kiss-y face smiley when I need it.

Your sig has a bunny with a pancake on its head!!! YAYYYYYY :love

bunny.jpg

My thought is if you don't like the way the site is run , then leave..pretty simple.

Propologist, I understand where you are coming from and there is a certain part of me that wants to feel the same way, but the truth is, I don't and from a staff standpoint, can't condone that approach (you are free to feel that way, but we, as staff are not).

Our feelings are, if you are only here to complain, gripe, find fault, and stir the pot, then perhaps this isn't the site for you. However, if you don't like the way the site is run, we encourage you to let us know (not by loud and showy pronouncements of your disdain)! We are open to criticism and clearly, we are open to change. We won't implement every suggestion, but we do give every suggestion sincere consideration.

When you don't like something you can either silently bear it, complain loudly about it, or make an effort to enact change. We encourage you to take the third route.

I think we need to get a list going of Tait's names for all to see. So far I've only dealt with him as Mike Tait. What else does he go by?

OK here's some of the names he uses. Xiao is his wifes surname.

Mike Tait
Mike Xiao
Dan Xiao
Starship Modeler
Cylon Builder

Please feel free to add more as there are plenty out there. these are just the ones i've encountered.

Kinda dragging this back to within 12 parsecs of topic, if there is one bright conclusion to this sorry tale, it's that my genuine Salzo V3.1 touched down yesterday.
It's not even in the same universe with the piece of crap that Tom sold me.
Excellent castings in quality resin - I'm sure that this has been covered before elsewhere, but it's such an awesome piece of work and I just wanted to say a public thank you to Mike.
And nope, no word from Tom yet...

Completely understandable.

BTW, the guy has been accused falsely TWICE.

If it were me, I might be inclined to come back here.

This is why this sort of thing needs to be sorted out BEFORE a thread is posted making possibly false claims.

I just found this post and was reading through and had to chime in. First off if you are saying that one of the false accusations was the pipe from relicmaker. Your wrong. I was the one who bought it on ebay off him and when I received it immediately alerted Relicmaker that it was a recast of his work. I sent him detailed pictures of it and he confirmed it was a recast of his box and pipe. I then filed a paypal claim for damaged item during shipping and contacted Tom about it. Tom quickly replied that I should have waited to file the claim and contact him because he had access to more and could mail me out a new one. When Relicmaker brought it to the attention of the board he quickly changed his story and made it sound like he couldn't get more and he was the victim. I didn't believe it one bit and this goes to prove that. I have dealt with Tom one other time on here for a joker bust that he bought from me. That transaction went smoothly and had no problems with him. When I bought the item from him on ebay I really didn't know it was Tom until Relicmaker started the thread on here about the pipe and box and Tom replied. I don't believe that mike is posing as tom I think they are two seperate people and they are in business together. If you also look Tom had a "I'm selling everything sale to pay for bills and this and that" now he is just buying things. Now ask yourself this, is he buying it for his collection or for someone to recast it?
Jim

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back