Hot Wheels Elite 1:18 Ecto-1 with Custom 100% Light & Sound

dr_slurpee

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I finally got around to editing the videos of the Hot Wheels Elite 1:18 Ghostbusters Ecto-1 with 100% custom lights and sound I did during the summer.

Features:
• Over 105 LED Lights
• 49 Strands of Fiber Optic Filament
• Siren Sound Effect
• Ghostbusters Music Sound Clip
• Custom Light Bars to Recreate Rotating Light Effect
• Internal Rechargeable Lithium Battery
• Hidden Charging/AC Adapter Jack
• Hidden Switch Bank for Customization

This was more or less a prototype for customizable model and prop lighting kits which are in development. For more information or if you would like your model customized like this please email namebrand.design@gmail.com

Electronics created by Lightbenders Prop and Model Lighting and (myself) namebrand Design

Customization and installation by namebrand Design

Lightbenders
namebrand design - web design and graphic design in the Lindsay Peterborough area

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys! A lot I effort went into trying to do something more than had been done on prior ones I'd seen people do, in particular making the light bars look like they have rotating lights inside and not just blinky ones!

Our goal is to take what we did here and create a sort of modular prop and model lighting/sound system that would be easy for people to customize and update via USB to suit their needs. Not as robust as Ardiuno, but simple to use to add customized lights and sounds to props and models.

I'll be working on the Ecto 1A next, and the Delorean once the Elite edition comes out too!

I saw this in person at the Toronto Prop Party and was blown away. I saw the lights from a few tables away and went over, I joked and said, ' too bad it the sirens don't wail" and he flips this tiny switch and away it wailed! Amazing!

Thanks for all the compliments guys! I've even had some people on Youtube asking me about doing up their Ectos!

I wish I had more time to start the 1A right away!

Are these kits still available?

Also I wonder if anybody tried to replace the marquees on the Ecto-1A with working LEDs.

I did some searching, but it is astonishingly hard to find such small alphanumerical displays. Really small OLEDs might be an option, but I know what a hassle it is to find display drivers and get them running.

At one point I was going to do the 1A but the marquee signs would be a trick for sure. Kits were never made available. The logistics of it and the costs to make them would have been more than most people would want to spend.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back