Hot Toys BROTHER BOAR Predator custom

hellonearth

hey guys, while i'm reluctant to ever show anything again after seeing robs P2, i decided to anyway ;)

this is my brother boar fig i've been working on for a few weeks now, it's kindof a mix between concept and screen accurate, so i hope it doesn't upset anyone, i really liked attributes from both so threw them together sortof...

anyway, here he is, hope you guys like it...

movie pose!
DSCN3508.jpg
Predator2_97_2.jpg

DSCN3497.jpg

DSCN3513.jpg

then a few in a more natural lighting.... please disregard the mess...

DSCN3539.jpg

DSCN3529.jpg

DSCN3556.jpg

DSCN3543.jpg

DSCN3542.jpg

DSCN3541.jpg

well, i hope you guys can appreciate the work that went into this, all the leather pieces are from a bag of scraps that you can buy at hobby lobby for 5 bucks! all cut and trimmed to fit. any questions please ask, i am always happy to help.

thanks in advance for you time.

Dan

good work on this dude! this will be a good addition to the lost hunters... ;) are you planning to complete the line up of P2 lost hunters?

good work on this dude! this will be a good addition to the lost hunters... are you planning to complete the line up of P2 lost hunters?
that i am my dude! thank you for the kind words. i have snake (which i'm currently workin on) and boar left, then the P1 homages of course if i can ever get the extra bodies to do them (gort, P1 bio'd hunter) but they both have P2 hero skins, as they were probably built at the last minute, NO OFFENCE GORT and P1 hunter!!

but answer's yes, i have now, Ram, Hippie, Bro Boar, Borg, and soon Snake (armor all sculpted,P2 mandibles fit into a P1 head, fur trophies adapted, just needs a paintin) so stay tuned ;)

thanks buddy, this was one i was worried it wouldn't turn out, so i hope it did. it's virtually impossible to get airbrush strokes down that small so i hope it's ok as far as the more defined lines.

here's a pic of the original suit if you or anyone else hasn't seen it...

boarpredatorsuitfront.jpg

notice in that pic he has chest armor and no netting on his legs, and the strap around his right thigh, all that weren't in the actual movie, that's what i meant by a blend of concept and screen accurate. although i still did without the chest armor.

Happy Birthday balls!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Dude, that's some awesome paintwork right there. It was your buildups that got me back into painting my P2; after it sat for a year.

I think that using a brush on that guy was the best option. His pattern is so clean and narrow that if done with an airbrush, it wouldn't look right. I planned on using a brush when it came time to build him. You've got an insane eye for detail, and you've duplicated him accurately. All of your LH's are totally accurate. That's very hard to do, and I say congrats!!!

The leather work is awesome, too. You say you got all of that from Hobby Lobby? Some kinda grab-bag of leather bits...? Hmm... I'm gonna have to take a look. Im looking into using real leather straps and rounded strings of it. The strings that come with the figures just isn't working for me. That, and it's a cluster-**** of confusion trying to get all of the pieces to look right on his belt.

I would have to say that's an awesome interpretation (and accurate) of the other Boar Predator. The pattern and paint work look great. I've been staring at these pics for the past day-and-a-half. Fantastic work!!! I can't wait to see how your Boar turns out.

wow, thank you guys so much! i really tried! you might be able to tell it was quite the pain in the ass to finish it, i sat and just stared at a poorly factory painted body for a couple weeks before i even got the nerve to start on him, but finally got there i suppose.

so glad to be able to contribute something to this awesome place, i been workin on my sculpting too in hopes of being able to contribute some full scale pieces to the lair

the next one i've had to sculpt everything but his shin guards, so this should be interesting, possibly involving more custom elements than any of my other projects, but for you guys and myself, i won't settle for any less than what the lost hunters and their fans deserve ;)

@ rob, thank you buddy, ya though at Hobby Lobby in the section with all the big (expensive) leather pieces, on the bottom shelf there are bags of scraps, big odd pieces that look like what's left when a bunch of other shapes were cut out, but still PLENTY to work with. some bags are just black leather (which is what i got) and some are mixed black, brown, tan, etc. whatever you need can't wait to see you do some losties bro! or maybe i can, it was hard enough gettin this thread together after seeing yours... which both yours and mine actually got done around the same time, go to post some pics, and bam! rob has updated his P2 thread!..... awe damn....*kicks the dirt* :)

@everyone who replied, i'm so glad it's passing the test so far can't wait to get em all done and line em up in their respective order (how they appeared in the movie) now i just need to think about a ship :D bryan and i exchanged a couple ideas but it's still a long ways off IMO. hopefully though.... hopefully...

wil be waiting for more updates on this dude! I envy you guys having the guts to custom HT figures her in the philippines those are really expensive and verrrrry HTF! so I'm just sticking with mcfarlane and neca predator figures... If budget only permits... :D congrats on those customs!

wil be waiting for more updates on this dude! I envy you guys having the guts to custom HT figures her in the philippines those are really expensive and verrrrry HTF! so I'm just sticking with mcfarlane and neca predator figures... If budget only permits... :) congrats on those customs!
believe me bro, none of these were any cheaper over here, each one of my lost hunters started as a 300+ dollar P2 hero fig that needed some attention i've painted more than 2 to match the hero in P2 and wasn't satisfied, he's probably gonna be the last one i do ( the P2 hero that is) ... i may just send it to rob :D

but thank you all for your sincerity you are all mainly the reasons i keep making em.... obviously i love it too, but they're nothing unless the fans approve ;)

believe me bro, none of these were any cheaper over here, each one of my lost hunters started as a 300+ dollar

Wow!
Here in Brasil, HotToys are just a dream that no one can afford! Here all the toys are too much expensive because of the taxes and etc.

Take this "Hot Toys Predator Celtic" just as an example:http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-141...tor-promoco-_JM

Here it cost 2.999,00 Reais. That means 1.750,00 Dollars! o_O

The NECA's Predators are between 70 and 100 Reais (something like 40 and 60 dollars)

It's just sad... :D

hey guys, while i'm reluctant to ever show anything again after seeing robs P2, i decided to anyway :)

this is my brother boar fig i've been working on for a few weeks now, it's kindof a mix between concept and screen accurate, so i hope it doesn't upset anyone, i really liked attributes from both so threw them together sortof...

anyway, here he is, hope you guys like it...

movie pose!
DSCN3508.jpg
Predator2_97_2.jpg

DSCN3497.jpg

DSCN3513.jpg

then a few in a more natural lighting.... please disregard the mess...

DSCN3539.jpg

DSCN3529.jpg

DSCN3556.jpg

DSCN3543.jpg

DSCN3542.jpg

DSCN3541.jpg

well, i hope you guys can appreciate the work that went into this, all the leather pieces are from a bag of scraps that you can buy at hobby lobby for 5 bucks! all cut and trimmed to fit. any questions please ask, i am always happy to help.

thanks in advance for you time.

Dan

i like it. i am not a ht fan but this is great. do you mind if a take your snout idea and apply it to my pred

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back