hot glue

depending on what type of surface it's on you might be able to just peel it off or you can reheat it to make it soft/liquid again

thx for the help man, the surface is alumin i think and it is very difficult to peel off, how would i go about reheating it?

thx for the help man, the surface is alumin i think and it is very difficult to peel off, how would i go about reheating it?

I'd try a hot air gun or hairdryer on a low setting first, try to just soften the glue rather than liquify it & it should be easier to peel of. Or if it's glued parts your trying to seperate use the same method going over the whole area, pulling it apart a small bit at a time. Take care with hot glue though, it can burn like a mutha!!

Ya. A heat gun sounds like your best bet if u got one. Careful though cause i have seen heat guns set fire if left on something too long. B) Dont worry though, it was an experiment.
It will work, if not then a hair dryer will work it will just take a little longer. U can also use the tip of a glue gun too. When it heats up u can run it along the area where ur dried glue is to liquify it enough to get it to peel off but i only do that on glue that has just dried and usually in thin lines of glue that are easy to peel. I dont think it will work that way with huge areas or clumps of glue. Just be careful u dont burn/melt or damage the surface its adhering too ie. latex/foam/plastic

I'd try a hot air gun or hairdryer on a low setting first, try to just soften the glue rather than liquify it & it should be easier to peel of. Or if it's glued parts your trying to seperate use the same method going over the whole area, pulling it apart a small bit at a time. Take care with hot glue though, it can burn like a mutha!!

I heard thats how Saddam Hussein tortured Kuwaties in 91. Hot glue/plastic on the body...owww! ya it burns!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back